Help me with my porposing problem

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlie Richardson

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am running an 896 and in the past year two it has developed a pretty bad porposing problem. I can't run any positive trim under 4000 rpm without it beginning to porpose really bad and I have to get to around 4500 or so before I can really add a bunch of trim to get it up and flying on the pad. The real kicker is that the boat falls off plane at around 3200 rpms, which leaves me with a pretty narrow operating range. I have tried a hydrofoil, I believe it was a SE300 and it was of no help. It seems very strange that the problem is slowy getting worse. Any help would be much appreciated.............Cmack

It's possible your motor is mounted incorrectly...which hole is it in???

You're right Bob...I didn't read closely enough.

Take Bob's advice and get it into the dealer.

Have you had your prop checked and or recupped? Even without having a prop strike your propeller will loose performance. A slightly rough surface from a sand bar will cause your propeller to slip and your boat to fall off pad.

If you have not, then you should have it checked at a reputible propeller repair shop this could save you time and money.

Next check your tackle placement in the boat, Then look into the hull and motor performance(tune-up)issues.

Rip Lips,

GregG

Latest posts

Back