Heavy Subject way-off topic

• Thread starter Christopher Laurencio
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CJL...

You wrote; "The state police can do nothing, they were at my house last night at midnight with my wife crying for fear. This family who hates us best friend is a NJ state trooper who live across the street from us, he turns a blind eye to the property damage and harrassment to my family."

I suggest your go down to the barracks and see one of this Trooper's Supervisors. If you can get their attention and show some "proof" (I know how hard that might be...) you might find a different attitude. If you have a Trooper who is letting friendship get in the way of performing his job he may find that he has bigger problems than his friend.

And, if all else fails... I can always use a new neighbor. We live in friendship and harmony in this neighborhood and community. Our neighborhood is probably 60% Hispanic and I love it here... Me, I'm an unrepentent thrid geneartion German/American... Your only fear living here would be that we are a neighborhood of fun loving loonies... Our block parties are the stuff legends are made from...!

CJL

Your a tax paying American citizen. Go higher up. Get a lawyer and explain the situation to him. He will have avenues to explore. Unfortunately unless your neighbor is caught breaking the law the police can't do much but Nothing is worth doing something that will put you in jeprody with the law.

Ofcourse you could give the @$$hole what he wants and move. This would probably stick in any man's crawl but you have you and your family's well being to consider.

Fatrap

CJL...

Please don't do something you'll regret. It is so unfortunate that you have to be subjected to such abuse but life is not worth wasting in a place like that. Move to a better place and don't consider moving as a negative. Think of the move as brilliant minds prevailed.

Da Bear

Don't let it ruin your holidays CJ. Sounds like these people need a little more education than you or I have:) Don't take it into your court dude...you WILL regret it!

I agree with Greg ...talk to the Trooper and if nothing comes out of it then, I'd see his supervisor.

Too bad you live so far away CJ....YOU and YOUR FAMILY are MORE than welcome in my neighborhood! I am really blessed with fantastic people on both sides....

The only thing I can't tolerate is intolerance. I just can't beleive such things go on in this day and age in this country. I am so sorry for you and your family to have to put up with this kind of BS. Is there any hope in talking to your neighbor to see what is really causing him so much hate? From everything I know about you, you seem like the perfect neighbor, beautiful family, beautiful well kept home, nice cars ect. I'm flabergasted that anyone would harbor such feelings toward you...especially in the Northeast where there is more ethnic diversity than down here in the south. I'm no expert but I do believe there are Federal laws regarding racial discrimination and hate crimes such as you discribed. One thing I would caution is doing something rash that would confirm the bigots opinion and get you in court or worse behind bars. Have you talked to the DA?

Good Luck

Harpo

I'm removing this, and I'm sorry to post this, I was in a meeting and was thinking it's probably a bad idea to post soemthing like this.

I haven't slept in two days, so I'm not thinking right about putting something on the internet.

I have tried all the above!

The State police barraks have been visited.

Once again sorry for the post and I'm removing it.

I will not have my children exposed to this hate. I dealt with it for 35 years!

I am truly sorry for the drama, I have no one else to talk to.

You can talk to us buddy. Better believe it. A lot of people here with all kinds of experiences to draw on. Someone must have a procedure to follow. What about it guys?

fatrap

Go to the Department's Internal Affairs Section and loadge a complaint against the officer. They will investigate it. Also maybe contact the local newspaper. Contact your state representative and lodge a complaint. The state trooper is paid with your state taxes.

Barry

CJ,

I did not read the original post, and can only guess that you or your family are being harrassed by a neighbor. It sounds serious, so I wish you the best. Don't sweat about posting here. That is what makes this one of the best boards on the net! We all got your back!

Rich D

Why not post it CJ? I think your more of a man than they'll ever be for letting something like hate ruin their lives and others as well. Don't be one of them:) WE ARE here for ya' buddy. AND I can pretty vouch for anybody on this site because for the one thing...I don't think it would be tolerated for one minute!

It is sad CJ that there really is that much hate still today. Ya know it's no wonder though with all the crap that's put out on our airwaves and TV everyday. I cannot believe some of these words to these songs. I'm a hard core rocker just like the infamous DonJovi but, once I hear some of the lyrics..it's taken off the list. IT IS REDICULOUS!

Moving I think would be a good option if it was at ll feasable....

CJ,

One other thing, video surveilance cameras are relatively cheap and can be hidden very easily. If the neighbor is vandalizing your property, this might be a way to bust him.

Rich D

First things first....print this thread and show your wife how many GOOD people there out there, and what kinda people you associate woth here.

Second....invite 40 or 50 of us to your place for a weekend, I'm sure between all of us we could solve your problem.

MVM rules.

I'm there:) Tox will run em' off with just a few uh, well....use your imagination:) He IS heavily armed from what I hear:)

Chris,

I'm late to the thread, but I sincerely hope that you and your family are able to get this straighted out, and return to feeling well and safe.

Nothing but good thoughts and wishes to you and yours.

Tex

Chris,

I didn't get to read what you wrote but you have my phone number if you need to vent or just talk. I'm stuck here doing nothing you know? I don't think my showing up with my walker would inspire any fear, do you?:)

Bill

I don't know Bill... I hear you're pretty scarey... with or without the walker... We'll call up the neighbor and tell them Bill's coming... We'll start you out at the front door and tell the guy you'll be there in an hour...

This is one awesome website... You need some help, just ask...

CJ... This is exactly where you can come and discuss something like this... This is, first and foremost, a community of friends...

Chris...

What County are you in? I have some friends still working in Law Enforcement in New Jersey... Might just be you have more clout than the neighbor...

Chris, I'm not that far away from you { SE PA } if I can help let me know. If you want to get away for a day or so to get your mind cleared we will find something to do. Cabelas is 30 minutes from my house and Bass Pro Shops is 50 minutes from my house. Not the answer I know, but a nice way to forget things for a little while. I'm only an E-Mail away.

Hello All, well I left work @ 2:00 today and got some needed sleep to clear my head of this. I must admit that if my children are exposed to any racial slurs from these people I'm not sure what's going to happen. Most likely it will end badly. These people have really dis-respected my property and I don't really want to get into it cause it would be long.

You might think I'm some nut job but, I worked hard for what I have, I grew up in a very bad area and most of my freinds are dead or in jail. Luckily, my wife and I made it out and thought we were raising our children in a safe place. Turns out not to be the case.

I want to answer some questions you guys have asked.

I want to answers Greg Meyer because from what I remember you train police man.

We went to the baracks yesterday, that's when the Trooper neighbor cam over and talked to my wife, he dismissed that this guy is capable of stalking/harrasing or racial slurs. The individuals who were conducting illegal activity actually used his name and told then responding troopers two weeks ago that HE GAVE THEM THE ILLEGAL ITEMS! Charges were going to be filed that was a promise by the police, but when they told the troopers, the neighbor trroper gave them the items, all was forgiven.

Greg #2 - I live in Warren County NJ, the Trooper who came last night @ midnight said he was going to talk to the people and let us know the outcome, he promised, no call yet, but he works the night shift.

Sounds like you have a long reach. The Troopers really told us they can't do anything, I'm not sure, you would think they have pro-active measures. He told us not to get a lawyer yet, that he wanted to try and deal with it, he said the court's are just going to cost us money, all the other troopers insisted we take them to court and leave them out of it.

I also forgot to mention, no police report? we were told we could not get one, only our lawyers.

Umm, this is gonna sound bad, but I took the post off because I thought it would only cause alarm which I guess it did and it was incriminating to me, I didn't remove the post based on off-topic and I truly appreciate you helping me.

Thanks for the invite to PA, but at this time it would not be smart to leave my family unattended, trouble is right around the corner.

I spoke to my wife today and told her to be prepared for the worst.

I will keep you guys posted on this, thanks for the support.

It makes me sick to my stomach that there's communities still like this in America? You have young men and women in harms way defending freedom half way around the world and my wife is not safe in NJ because she married a "mixed breed"????.

Greg, the Trooper that came last night helped us out last year with another same type situation. I'm confident that his intentions are sincere, I just don't think he has any tangible recourse until he can witness the harrassment.

Someone from this board is supposed to come lookt amy boat for sale over the Hoildays, I hope this does not scare him away. LOL

FYI -

It's 7:29 pm in NJ, the Trooper just pulled into the Driveway next door, I truly hope they can talk some sense into this guy, I'd prefer to live in peace. But I have the feeling it's going to make it worse.

A heavy aroma of pot was coming from there house today??? I wonder if the Troopers will detect it. This guys owns two car dealerships, Ford & Chrysler? Could someone be that stupid, I wonder if I can get in contact with the legal department or PR group for FORD or MOPAR and let them in on the racism. Would it help or hurt.

OK - it's now 8:04 pm, the Troopers have left my house, he spoke to them and said to be assured that nothing more will be done or said. The Trooper said, "they are upset with us", because of the things we do to them????? I can assure you that this is BS, where I grew up, If you looked at someone wrong, it was "ON". It's expected for them to accuse us of some wrong doing, but in any event I will see how the night goes.

As Mac would say "carry on"

Chris

If you need someone to talk to let me know or if you want me to stop by I'm only an hour away

I wish I knew what in the Heck was going on???? Not only do I feel I know Chris, and like him, I'm stuck here in this darn chair and can't do anything!

Chris, if you want to get in a car and drive you and your family to Maryland, I don't have a big place but you are more than welcome.

Bill

Chris...

One of my very good friends (who now lives near me here in Illinois, he's in Wisconsin)is a retired Lieutenant from THe Bergen County Sheriff's Office. He is a past President of the New Jersey Chiefs of Police Association. So, between him and other contacts, yes I can have a long reach...LOL

Let it play out any way you want... But, if you feel that a "political" nudge may help I am only an e-mail away... Or. e-mail me and you can have my cell #...

Like it has been said before, here, on the NTOWS, we take very good care of our own.

Greg, will do, I plan on seeing how it plays out, maybe it will ease up enough to become bearable, I wanted to make sure you did not missunderstand me when I spoke of frustration with the police, I would never do that. (that is disrespect law enforcement).

The guy you know from Bergen County probably knows my father-in law, he is a retired constable from Bergen County, watershed police, I have not told him about this.

Thanks for your help today.

CJL - I didn't read the original post but I think I understand some of what you have been going through from many perspectives - all of it firsthand.

Not to be a party pooper or sound paranoid, but I'd advise you that if you want to talk with some of the guys in this community that you call them or take it outside the forum from public viewing. If something bad happened and you find yourself in court (civil or criminal), this could be used in a twisted way and might even get some people deposed. Taking it off line and out of public will help to safeguard against that for any future conversations.

As far as the interaction with the police, document every conversation, time and date of conversation and name of the person you talked to. This is important regardless or whether you trust them or not. Start keeping a timeline.

This goes for anything unusual that happens around your house - document what it is, time you noticed it, photos of the problem, value of anything damaged, etc....

Do not confront your neighbor or get into any kind of standoff with them. If there is trouble, call the police. Make them do their job. The police should be like that heavy 7' rod that you use to leverage against that big troubling bass in heavy cover. If the rod is broken, get a new one don't get upset with the one that is broken - smile when looking at that one and find a new one. You have to give the perception of an upright citizen in the community.

There are many avenues of recourse that you can take but if you are in fear of your family's lives, I would agree with the others - think about moving.

If not, don't do anything that could even be deemed as even mildly provoking or worse, criminal. Keep your anger in check - especially in front of all the neighbors (not just the one) and, of course, law enforcement.

Anyway, my two cents worth. Bill, The Mad Kayaker

All will be well with the NTOWS GROUP backin' ya' ;)

You AND your family have a ......

******* MERRY CHRISTMAS ********

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

CJ... I live in Charleston and although I didn't read your initial entry, I do have some connections in the NJ area involved in Law Enforcement and we ain't talkin freakin Troopers either.....Actually he's a fishin buddy that makes custom crankbaits...Shoot me an email if you wanna take it to the next level...Stay Safe..

Bill,

I will do that if I need, I'm not shy about asking for help and truly appreciate that. I'm hoping things calm down to the point where I can at least live there with some knid of peace.

Back