Easy way to change out batteries ?. I don't think

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capt. Scully

Reaction score
Want to dress out ,my boat, and want to install new battery box's (will need 3). Have no idea what happened to the original's, but don't think 3 batteries sliding around, tethered by just the + and - cables is a good idea.
Now for the question----should I explore lifting up the back platform, ( can I even do that )? If I try to get the batteries out of the starboard and port excess holes, holes arn't big enough for hands holding heavy batteries to get in or out.
Suggestions appreciated. It was nice of the previous owner(s) to remove the lift out trays. Sure would have been nice if they had left them for me. Having a hard time finding new.

You can buy new battery boxes on Amazon. As far as lifting batteries, I bought a electric hoist from Harbor Freight, lift them up and drop em' in.

All of my marine batteries have handles, but I have used these methods to get large truck batteries in and out.
But the easiest method is a 6 pack and a friend - one you don't mind losing.

Attachments

• Tie-down strap with cam buckle.JPG
    Tie-down strap with cam buckle.JPG
    280.6 KB · Views: 13
  • Rope around terminal studs.JPG
    Rope around terminal studs.JPG
    345.1 KB · Views: 13
  • Rope around battery terminal connectors.JPG
    Rope around battery terminal connectors.JPG
    345.3 KB · Views: 11
Want to dress out ,my boat, and want to install new battery box's (will need 3). Have no idea what happened to the original's, but don't think 3 batteries sliding around, tethered by just the + and - cables is a good idea.
Now for the question----should I explore lifting up the back platform, ( can I even do that )? If I try to get the batteries out of the starboard and port excess holes, holes arn't big enough for hands holding heavy batteries to get in or out.
Suggestions appreciated. It was nice of the previous owner(s) to remove the lift out trays. Sure would have been nice if they had left them for me. Having a hard time finding new.
No really good way. I switched to lifepo4 s on everything except starter. With Lithiums you can move them in any orientation without spillage. They are lighter, but still a bit of fun. The rear deck does come off, but you should not have to go there. I used battery trays for mine (amazon or many, many others). I find if you put the smallest (usually the starter) in first, push it as far back as you can, the second can then be wiggled into place. A close second place to getting the batteries in, is the finding of the tie down straps. Patience and a bottle of jack help.

Latest posts

Back