Gulp Chunky Cheese Trout Bait

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Berry Lindley

Reaction score
It was so hot this weekend I decided to take my friend's son who did an Iraq tour over to the Caney Fork river to catch some trout instead of taking him out on the lake here for bass. If you have not tried this stuff on trout, you need to. It outfished everything we threw at them. We probably caught 50-60 trout, releasing all but a couple of limits for the young man to take home to his wife who will be having their first child in a few months. He hooked a nice brown trout (not on the Gulp) that was about 5 lbs or so; It jumped about 6 ft in the air, I thought he was going to pass out. Was a great day for him, and for me.

Thanks for supporting a young troop Berry, I know he'll tell the fishin' story of that day for years to come.:cool:

JP

Years, and years ago I used to fish a small lake about 5 miles north or Annapolis, MD and 10 miles north of me. It's a walk-around-the-shore fishing lake real close to where I used to work and sometimes if I got off early I'd go by and throw a jig or maybe a spinnerbait around. About the second time I went there, a man about twenty feet away from me kept catching something and I didn't know what it was. I walked over to him and he showed me his 'creel' and he had five 12" to 16" Brown Trout in it. He told me the lake was full of them though he rarely has caught one bigger. The State of MD, twice a year, stocked that small lake with "baby" trout and it now needs to be thinned out. I asked him what I should use and he told me that a lot of guys use small Mepps spinners but he always had luck with corn from a can but had even better luck with Velvetta cheese! He said he would pinch some off and roll it up and put it on his hook. It never failed:) He gave me some cheese and he was right, those Trout just loved their cheese:) I'm sure it's crowded as can be now-a-days but maybe I'll stop by one day and see.. It used to be quite a bit of fun.:rolleyes: I had forgotten all about that place until Berry mentioned Trout and cheese..

Uncle Billy

I used to use Velveeta cheese as a kid back in Oregon. Trout loved it and so did the bluegill:wub:. I once ran out of cheese and used the yellow paper from the box and still caught bluegill! I don't even know if they still package it in the yellow box anymore? Tried it once down in Georgia, but the water is too warm and the cheese fell apart :(

JP

Latest posts

Back