Guest Charger

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teds_V18

Reaction score
My Tournament V18 has an 8 amp Guest onboard charger 4/4 . I asked the marine mechanic today what these wires were and he was as baffled as I am. He thought maybe they were for some kind of solar charging system hookup.

The two sets of wires going to the batteries come from the left side of the charger. The AC power and these wires come from the right side.

Anyone know what these wires are for? They have crimp connectors on the ends, but have never been used.
Guest charger.jpg

I have the Guest owner's manual pamphlet that came with the boat when I bought it (I got all the paperwork with the boat from when it was new). It shows the wiring diagrams but only shows the wires going to the batteries and the AC wire. Doesn't even show these wires in the manual.

I would have to take the charger out to see. It is mounted in the boat. The manual, which is general, has 3 models listed on the front cover that are 8 amp.
2607A-B-TR 2607A-B-01 and 2607A-B-02

and two models that are 10 amp.

All three models show to have the same wiring diagram. But it only shows the two sets of wires for the batteries and the AC cord. This is a 2 bank 12 V system. Just two batteries.

Personally, I'd get a NOCO charger thats more up to date and can charge & maintain the batteries. It won't be long be they'll be doing another 50% off deals. Either that or contact Marinco for advice. They don't seem to have documentation for those models any more on their website (out of date - obsolete)

Latest posts

Back