Greetings from the All American

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob LaMoy

Reaction score
Man, you walk into the lobby here at the Radisson and you can feel the energy in the air. The only way things could get better for me was if the water came up....surprise surprise surprise....it's raining and will for 2 days and stop just in time for competition days. More water will only help me. My predictions were spot on according to Bill Taylor of FLW.

I took the kids to Cabelas and BPS yesterday, they had a blast. Either way this week will be a trip. Hope to make y'all proud and make a show of it. You can watch live on flwoutdoors.com via flw live starting at 3:00pm CST or 4:00pm EST Thursday and Friday. Dunno my boat #'s yet but I'll try to post again later. Doubt I'll sleep much.

And a big kuddos to Greg Meyer for hooking me up to prefish. Without that, I'd be dead in the water literally. All the TBF regional champs I've run into (3 so far including Harkness the winner) came up and prefished. Sounds like everyone found fish, but enough or big enough??? We'll see. The guys running to pool 13 are the only threats but they trade 2 more hours of fishing for that run. I will run a total of 4 hrs and fish 4 hrs. They run 6 hrs for 2 hrs of fishing.....big gamble. But it's a gamble that paid off for Davy Hite 2 yrs ago. Lots of stressful decisions at this level. But I'm just taking 7 of the max 10 rods allowed and will only really have 3 on the deck and a minimal amount of tackle. Getting back to basics and doing what I do best.....flippin. ;)

The pleasure of pre-fishing with you was all mine.

I just want to be there when you win and thank all the little people who helped you get to the top... And, you have to give a teensy, tiny, bit of credit to that "Bi-Fishual Walleye Guy":lol:

It was a blast watching Rob "try" to fish for bass from a very high sided deep-V. But, he did it and found some fish... I, on the other hand, had one hit in two days and never did see what I had on briefly. The only "flippin" we do during a walleye tournament is with our fingers to each other...:eek:

Good luck.

Feeling comfortable and fishin' your strenths, sounds bad for the other guys!

Today is the official practice day. I spoke to Rob and he has a good plan for the day. He just needs everybody to pass on good thoughts and hope for higher water levels. The weather/water predictions for Friday/Saturday are ideal for his fish. Tomorrow (Thursday) is a little "iffy" as the water needs to come up about 6 inches for him. But, they have had lots of rain and more in the next 24 hours. He is going to be pretty busy from today through Friday and if he makes the cut (top 10) for Saturday.

His mother, wife and kids are with him so they are havibng a ball along with him. He sounded very upbeat at 5:30 am!

Sounds like things are looking good for you. Good luck and thanks for the updates. I enjoy reading about your progress. :)

Gene

Latest posts

Back