New 175 TXW TE

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just picked up a 2021 175 TXW TE with the 75 Merc. I’ve had 2 Nitros, one back in the late ‘80s and just sold my Z7 Sport last July. Took out the 175 over the weekend and was really impressed with the ride, storage and fishability.
I’m at 4,500’ and it got right up on step and cruised around 25-27 at 4,200rpm. My initial questions are it didn’t take much trim, only 3 or 4 really quick up trim bumps before the prop started to cavitate; is that normal (3/4 fuel, 2 people and fishing gear). 2nd question; the anchor light pole is really long and I can only fit it in the rod compartment crossways, where are people storing it? Lastly, I’m not getting any water in the hull overnight in the slip however after running I will pump out a couple quarts from the bilge. I’ve filled the live well, recirculated and pumped it out while looking for leaks and nothing. Is it coming in with backwash over the transom and through the access hike or where the power cables come up to the engine? Any other thoughts.

This week I’m upgrading the fishfinders and swapping out the Minn Kota Maxuum for a 80lb Ultrex. Bottom line is I’m happy with the boat. Thanks in advance for help on the questions.

Chuck,
My son bought the 2020 version of that boat a few months back and I've had a chance to fish from it. It's really a nice boat. Not sure about your cavitation problem. I did notice that the engine doesn't trim up very high. When stopped, can't get the prop completely out of the water when you raise the engine fully, but that doesn't seem to be an issue. Water gettting in is either a leaking hull plug or plumbing is not tight somewhere in the system below the water line. Your light post should have a pair of clips in the upper inside wall of the rod box where it clips into place with two clip holders, one for each end.

Chuck,
My son bought the 2020 version of that boat a few months back and I've had a chance to fish from it. It's really a nice boat. Not sure about your cavitation problem. I did notice that the engine doesn't trim up very high. When stopped, can't get the prop completely out of the water when you raise the engine fully, but that doesn't seem to be an issue. Water gettting in is either a leaking hull plug or plumbing is not tight somewhere in the system below the water line. Your light post should have a pair of clips in the upper inside wall of the rod box where it clips into place with two clip holders, one for each end.
Thanks Larry. I’ll check the rod boxes for clips tomorrow when I go out to my shop. If my old memory serves me ok the light post is to long to fit that way but will check again. I have checked the plumbing and will do that again when I’m back in the water. Will post what I find.

Larry, the anchor light pole is 58”, and won’t go in any of the compartments even cross ways. It doesn’t need to be that long, I’m wondering if they gave me the wrong length shaft. Also, there are no clips to hold in a light in any compartment. Chuck

Interesting, Yeah, maybe a dealer will swap with you. I really thought that the pole clips came in all the boats sold. It could be that someone overlooked that somewhere down the line....

Latest posts

Back