Official practice is over

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob LaMoy

Reaction score
Well, after the train wreck of a take off this morning, we didn't leave the marina until 8 am so had only 6 1/2 hrs to dissect 45,000 acres for a national championship! Anyway, once I got out there, my primary area produced NOTHING! But.....my back up spot was absolutely LOADED with schooling fish where I should be able to get a quick 12-13 lb limit conservatively. However, the NH boater, Bruce Acox, a friend was also in there and he's a stick, so we'll see if he figures them out too. I'm sure he will, Bruce won the divisional and is a great angler.

Then I went searching for cull fish on one of my strongest patterns and did I find them! However, our NY co-angler informed me without divulging too much info, (for rules sake) that his boater is doing the same thing in basically the same areas. No biggie, I only need to win MY division first, then worry about the overall tourney once I make the cut to Saturday.

All in all, being only a 3/4 day practice, I found more fish and better quality than I did in 1 1/2 days back in 2009!

I am 2nd flight tomorrow and due back in at 3:00 pm CST. Should weigh in around 4:15 to 4:30 EST.

Latest posts

Back