GPS for dash

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teri C.

Reaction score
I am going to have my Eagle GPS installed up front by the trolling motor. I want to buy a good Lowrance (already set up for Lowrance) GPS for the dash. I want to be able to remove both of them when it's parked. Can a good GPS unit/fishfinder be found for $500-600. I figured I might be able to pick up one from someone who is upgrading. Thoughts?

Teri, I have a brand new Lowrance LMS-520c sitting here I bought for $490 and could not install in the Z-7, it has a skimmer transducer you don't need and the GPS antenna. I ended up putting a 640c in the dash to match the existing transducer. Shoot me an email if you are interested!

That's it guys, rub it in since it would not match the transducer Nitro installs in the Z-7. For some reason, ahem Nitro are you listening, they install the x96 in the dash which uses an Eagle transducer. So in order to use the 520c, I would have to install a new transducer, which is more money out of pocket. If they, ahem Nitro, would install an x135 as standard, then no problemo.

See ya.

They make an adapter that is cheaper than the transducr and/or labor.....

But of course Tracker wont tell you that so you will buy a new unit.

E5Zero,

It was meant to be... Now Teri gets a great deal on a new 520C! :lol: (Sorry - I had to do it... :p )

Sorry to hear that it wouldn't work out for you. Too bad there isn't a reverse version of the TA-BL2U adapter available from LEI Extras. That would have taken care of your transducer problem. Unfortunately, it doesn't work out in your situation - only the reverse.

Break...

Teri,

I'm in full agreement with the above - the 520C is an awesome unit. I was running two of them on my rig before I upgraded to a LCX-27 and LCX-28. Later this year, I'll probably be getting a couple of HDS-8's, but I'm holding off for now. I've spent entirely too much money lately. :lol: I can't believe you haven't installed that trolling motor yet! More importantly... I can't believe you haven't posted pictures of your rig yet... even with all this nagging about it. :lol::lol::lol:

All the best,

Glenn

Sorry to hear that it wouldn't work out for you. Too bad there isn't a reverse version of the TA-BL2U adapter available from LEI Extras. That would have taken care of your transducer problem. Unfortunately, it doesn't work out in your situation - only the reverse.

Yep, thats the same situation i ran into last year putting my 520c on my Z7. In my case i swapped transducers.

Anyone know if I can use the transducer from a Lowrance x52 for the Lowrance 520? or an Eagle 502c?

Teri,

You can swap between the X-52 and LMS-520C. It should either be a PD-WBL, PDT-WBL, HST-WSBL, or HS-WSBL. The Eagle 502C uses a different transducer setup - HST-WSU, HS-WSU, PDT-WSU, or PD-WSU.

All the best,

Glenn

Glenn, that is what I found out as well. They sure don't make it easy to deal with.

Jim B, I ended up getting a 640c from Three Rivers Marine, they are awesome to work with. I could not justify what they wanted to charge for the new transducer. Down the road I will possibly upgrade to the HDS units, but that is way off!

Back