Good time at BPS-Auburn Hills, MI.

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill McElroy

Reaction score
Had a GREAT BPS Show at home this past weekend. Did a bunch of rod handles and hats (as usual) and I did a couple seminars...Topwater fishing on Saturday and Jigs for Bass on Sunday. Good turnouts at both of them, and immediately after my seminars, Mini, Todd and Scott (the other pro-staffers) joined me for a 4 person panel and Q&A session on anything they wanted to ask....we had a riot! Lot's of good discussion on everything from bass biology and feeding habits to favorite "go-to" baits. amazing how much you can learn from eachother just by having fun discussing things that we don't normally talk about, unless someone asks. I like those Q&A sessions!

Was also approached by a local outdoor writer for an in-depth interview about Scales and Tales and the rod handle promotional work I do for BPS. Mini was in on that as well as a past President of the TBF of MI....so we'll all get some good "ink" in this Thursday's column. He's a very good writer too,...I read his article every week. He sat in the audience on our Q&A session and was impressed by our commoradarie and the "fun" we were having there, so he took a few pix's and interviewed Mini and I at length about how we got started with BPS and what we do for them on the road and locally. It should be a nice article...he was as much fun to talk to as any of my friends and this was the first time I had met him in person. He's written a lot about KD Outdoors and he told me he talks to Ken all the time about the latest info on hunting and fishing and the outdoors in general.....he's deffinitely in tune to the needs and concerns of outdoor sportsmen and women so he'll be a good friend to have to help get our voices "heard" or "read" anyway! LOL

Thanks again Mini for all your help in the rod aisles and with the Q&A sessions on Sat. & Sun.....I know for a fact that when you're trollin' the aisles and making your opinion's known, I'm gonna get swamped and the cashiers will be busy!!:blink:;)

Mac

His name is Tom Watts,...he writes for the Oakland Press (Thursdays outdoor column) and he use to write for the Macomb Daily. Now he's a full time editor for a couple home improvement magazines and trade journals. He was fun to talk to...seemed very interested and sincere based on his questions and comments. He grew up hunting and fishing like most of us, so he knows what to ask and how to write about it. Some writers are kinda clueless about the outdoors, so it reflects in their articles...but Tom is "one of us", so it should be a great read. I'm anxious to see it!

Must have been a hoot, to have the 'Michigan Mafia' up on stage holding court. Sounds like you really had it going.

Great news on the article. Look forward to seeing it. If it get's posted on-line, be sure and post a link.

Tex

That's a novel idea for the panel thing, maybe I'll float that by the brass when I am at BPS Richmond this weekend. It is great to get the questions after your seminars. I spend 1/2 hour on the tank and an hour talking with the people afterwards.

TOXIC

Sounds like a blast! I think my mom might know him. The name rings a bell. She is all into to the outdoors, hunting and writing. I will have to ask her.

Tox,

Not a new idea. They have done it in the past at Springfield's Classic.

I wish I could have been there. It sounds like you had a great time. I went on the opening night and only bought $11 worth of fishing supplies. I did leave with a new Smith & Wesson M&P 40c though. :wub:

I was a bit disappointed with one thing there. KVD was scheduled to be there at 7PM. I thought it would be a seminar, but it was just an autograph session. :angry:

Gene

Must have! LOL The sale paper said 7 I thought. I got to watch how to sign autographs and interact with the fans. Maybe that will come in handy someday. ;)

Gene

Here's the link to the article Tom wrote....this is the pix that's in the actual paper, but it's not posted with the article on-line.

Toadfest2006.jpg

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/articles/2009/03/13/sports/doc49b8d9c364e96333527044.txt

I winder if I got a photo credit? LOL

You sure did,.....

BTW,..when did you change your name to: "Photo Contributed":blink::lol:

Cause thats all I have been doing is contributing! Contributing to your vice's, to my ill health, to the economy, to those poor single mothers that need to be kept warm....lol

LOL!!...You've always been a "GIVER" Mini,...nobody ever accused you of being a taker!!;)

Bill that oic doesnt even look like you anymore....

We need another good photo session on the lake.

Latest posts

Back