Good News Bad News

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD Johnson

Reaction score
Good News:

I'm feeling better but still weak and fatigued. Went to the Doc on Monday and all of my tests came back good and the chemo is working on the cancer and shrinking it. The doc said it may be a little soon after the pneumonia to start chemo but it was my decision. I chose to do it today because of all I have read and heard say that the best chance for survival is to stay with your original treatment and stick to the 21 day schedule as close as possible. We are seven days over due now so I will go ahead with the treatment and if the infection comes back we will deal with that at the time but at least the chemo will be doing its job.

Bad News:

I went for the chemo treatment today (Tuesday) and I reacted to it, they got it under control and we tried again, I reacted again so we had to stop. The bottom line is I am back to square one and starting all over. Oh well, that is life

I'm so sorry to hear this JD.. I guess Nancy and I will just have to pray harder and send more good wishes!

Bill

Thanks Bill, we will survive if God chooses to answer all the prayers sent by my friends and family. If not he will call me home and I will be better for it. Either way it is a win win situation but I am no where near giving up. I will beat this and I will suvive.

Take care

jdj

First of all, Thank You for sharing this with us....we are a family here.

Secondly.....prayers are being sent out to you from the far reaches of the internet.

Myself and my family, my mom and her church members....and ALL of your friends here on the site.

Whatever happens....life or death....your outlook is inspiring!!! :wub:

Thanks Ken, it is a lot easier when you have support and prayers are the only thing that will cure it so they are greatly appreciated.

JD, I will pray for you my friend. Hope you get better real soon. PLease keep us posted.

Bubby

JDJ, our prayers are with you. I can't understand your particular situation, but a very good friend of mine in Charlotte was diagnosed 6 years ago with a very aggressive lung cancer. Chemo and radiation sent it into remission, where it stayed. However, they discovered a spot on one kidney a year and a half ago. He is now in his second round of experimental chemo for this and is doing great. His philosophy is:

"@#*# it. I'm not gonna be a statistic, I'm gonna work out, get stronger and fight this bastard as hard as I can."

I'm proud and envious of him for his determination.

He's my age,,,,,,,,,,50

Stay strong brother

BruceM

Thanks Bruce, that is my thoughts on it to. Keep on fighting and beat it. Hopefully we will find a chemo that will work and I won't be highly allergic to it. Time wil tell. I am 54 and have a lot of living to do before laying down that last time.:)

We will pray for your friend to beat it again.

JDJ

JD, see isn't this a great family? We're all pulling for you and want you around here for a long, long time. You be strong my friend. Don't make me and Nancy come after you.:p

Bill

Thanks Bill, you and Nancy are welcome to or humble abode anytime my friend.:rolleyes:;)

BTW Bill, good to see that you are gettin' better. Maybe spring is gonna be good to ya!

BruceM

JD, I took the liberty of sharing this with some of my other friends:

http://bbcboards.zeroforum.com/zerothread?id=71470

BruceM

Thanks Bruce, it is appreciated.

Thank you too Herbert.

JDJ, Sorry I got on this late. You know I'm in your corner, as are we all. Ken Neeley is right, your outlook is amazing and to be honest, inspiring. My family and I will "amp up" our prayers for you. Please continue to keep all of us posted.

Hang in there,

Steve

Thanks Steve, we definetly appreciate all the thoughts and prayers from everyone as that is what it will take to beat this stuff.

Take care

Thank you Herbert, I realize the power of prayer and I appreciate it very much. I will check out your site this evening after church.

Thank again

JDJ

Keep fighting JD, you will get there.

Rich D

nevergiveup.gif

My family's prayers are with you. I had prostate cancer last year and was lucky enough to catch in time and it was removed by surgery. I couldn't fathom what you are going thru, but your frame of mind is awesome. Please be aware that all of us here are praying for you. We are here for you.

Barry in Louisiana

That Pelican and Frog T-shirt logo is my signature clothing statement!

JDJ... Keep working with your doctors and we will continue with our prayers...

Thanks Barry, Rich and Greg, it means a lot to us to know so many people are praying for us.

Take care

JDJ

Latest posts

Back