going federated

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Duggan

Reaction score
a few weeks ago i posted a question about our club taking a vote on wether to become federated or not.

i asked for the pros and cons on this item and received some good info from the members here.

i did quite a bit of research and found that being a federated club we would be covered under the mass bass fed unbrella insurance policy. seeing our club did not have our own insurance other than personal policys this was a deciding factor for me to vote yes.

well the club met on monday and after 4 hours, the club voted yes.

all things went sour from there. two of our members were not for going federated. one of wich is one of the founding members (a good friend of mine)and he took this very personal. he started quite a heated battle between some members and now it looks like the club will no longer be in exsistance.

most of the members have decided to leave the club to search for a better organized and federated club.

i for one walked out of the meeting after 4.5 hrs and decided i probably would search out another club to join in NH.

since monday i have received many phone calls from both sides of the debate asking me to join sides and vote out the others decisions.

i look at it this way,

my main reason to join an organized club was to fish competitively while learning new techniecs,tactics and to make new friends along the way.

i now find myself aking is it worth joining a new club or just enjoy fishing for fun.

what would you all do in this case ??????

thanks for the input

GregD

You will find those same attitudes, to some extent, at most all clubs, but I personally would look for another one. If you like the federated idea, try and find one already set up that way. Or call up some of the guys that voted yes and start your own club.

Rich D

Find one where you can just be a 'member', and go fishing. If you like the idea of federation alliance, then look for a federation club.

Unless you have a stron wish to be aligned with, or fish with, one group or the other - look for greener pastures. My experience the past 3 1/2 years is that almost all clubs go through these types of things, and members move around qutie a bit.

Best of luck.

Tex

Our club does the same thing Mountain Man's does. We have a Federation club that is a "sub" club of our social fishing club. About half of our overall club doesn't participate in the Federation. Each club has it's own president and such. We Federation guys have fun fishing with everybody and just use weights from our social tournaments for Federation standings and such. It works for us.

Greg,

After your last post, I decided to fish on my own again this year - maybe I will see you on Bow Lake. Good luck and if you join a MA club, let me know how that turns out. I'm sorry everything turned out the way it did.

Bill, The Mad Kayaker

Bill, if you are looking for a club shoot me an email. My club is currently looking for members with boats. We meet in woburn monthly. As of right now we have 20 guys that all jus twant to have fun and go fishing and learn as much as we can. We are federated and send an 8 man team every year to the state fishoffs. We also have members that arent interested in the fish offs, they just compete in the club events. We dont have the type of stuff that went on in Greg's club happening in ours. Its a shame whats happening to his club, i hear of this type of stuff alot. For some reason out club has been lucky and we dont have those type of problems. Check out our website if you want
www.massbassbuddies.com

i have to agree that it is rediculas,

we joined a club to fish competitivly and have some fun. now it seems that some people just can't deal with change.

it now seams that one of the members has started his own club, i will follow him and at least 3/4 of the members will also be joining as well.

he has decided to run the club as a federated club and as a group effort. most of us have been fishing together for a while and have a lot of the same goals.

i hope to find the same happy medium as mountain man has found in his current club.(the way I like [note that I did not say behaves the way I want it to ... subtle difference]

we already have the permits in to the nh/ma fish and game. and he has received conformation on most of them.

i will give this whole club thing one more chance and if i feel its not working out. i will go back to fishing for fun and relaxation like i have for teh past 20yrs.

thanks for input,

GregD

Good luck Greg... I stopped fishing club tournaments over twenty years ago because of most of the things mentioned in this thread. Constant arguing, bickering, stretching rules, cheating just got to be too much for me.

Now I go and just enjoy myself and if this back operation works, I will be able to meet a lot of the people I have met here and fish with them.

Bill

Greg: We have openings as well in our club. As of now we have 15 people and the max is 20. The club is based out of Nashua, NH. If you have any questions just shoot me an email. good luck.

http://web.mit.edu/jpfoster/www/new_hampshire_hawg_hunters/