Daddy taught him well!

• Thread starter Jim C [URL]http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080906/ap_
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim C

Reaction score
Yeah, let's take the McBush leadership and make the Bush economic policies PERMANENT which have seen the most bank failures since the Great Depression.

WASHINGTON - Regulators on Friday shut down Silver State Bank, saying the Nevada bank failed because of losses on soured loans, mainly in commercial real estate and land development.

It was the 11th failure this year of a federally insured bank.

Nevada regulators closed Silver State and the Federal Deposit Insurance Corp. was appointed receiver of the bank, based in Henderson, Nev. It had $2 billion in assets and $1.7 billion in deposits as of June 30.

Andrew K. McCain, a son of Republican presidential nominee John McCain, sat on the boards of Silver State Bank and of its parent, Silver State Bancorp, since February but resigned in July after five months citing "personal reasons," :lol: :huh: corporate filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission show. Andrew McCain also was a member of the bank's audit committee, responsible for oversight of the company's accounting.

The younger McCain, who is the chief financial officer of Hensley & Co., the beer distributorship of which Cindy McCain is chairwoman, is the Arizona senator's adopted son from his first marriage.

Andrew McCain's position on the Silver State board and departure were first reported Friday by The Wall Street Journal online.

Silver State Bank ran into difficulty because of a substantial amount of "poor-quality loans primarily related to real estate development" in southern Nevada and other distressed markets, FDIC spokesman David Barr said.

"When the housing market slowed down, people who bought raw land to build new homes didn't need that land so they couldn't do anything with it and repay their loans. So those loans went bad," Barr said.

Construction and development loans have been the fastest-growing category of troubled loans for U.S. banks, and many banks have heavy concentrations of them in their lending portfolios, according to the FDIC. Some small banks are considered especially vulnerable. Delinquent loan payments and defaults by commercial and residential developers have surged to the highest levels since the early 1990s
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080906/ap_on_bi_ge/bank_closure_silver_state_4

Not worth answering. Are you ever going to apologize to the members here for what you said on 08/29/08 about them all?

Uncle Billy

Strike 2 dude. I am here closing the bank as I type. Another feeble attempt to dredge something from nothimg. McCains son was on the board by virtue of Silver State buying another bank that he was on the board of. Either you are a mioptic drone or you don't get your facts straight. He resigned from the board long ago. Try again. You just waisted a lot of bandwidth for nothing. As for the most closings since the great depression????? Have you had you head in the toilet??? Do a little research on the 80's. I personally closed 77 institutions. The FDIC closed a lot more that I wasn't involved with. You are a propaganda spewing fool. I would suggest you refrain from any more political posts. You have ZERO credibilty. I won't even get into how far removed bank closings are from presidential policy and if you knew squat you would know that closing a sick bank is a positive not a negative.

But what do I know, I'm just a fishing redneck.

TOXIC

Geeeeez .... Lew-eeeze! Highly recommend that you read one less fishing magazine and read one more paper on critical thinking.

UB, what did I miss on teh 28th? Am I also a red neck??? It is something I have aspired to be all my life! Just have not had someone label me as such!

He obviously didn't live through the Carter administration. That was the last time we had a demo president and congress, and he missed the fact that under Clintons watch there was a repub congress. Every time the party in power has had control of both the presidency and the congress we have gone astray of our founding fathers vision. "Those who don't study history and dooomed to repeat it".

I'm not sure why it's happening, but in our little town of about 30k residents, with the biggest employer being the coal mines, a new bank was built and opened about 3 months ago, and currently there are two more being built.
headscratch_shrug_smilie.gif

I am sure that if the bank was closed by the FDIC, that it's problems began long before February.

Come on... If you want to stick John McCain with some kind of "skewer", stick him with a real one. First, this was his son. Second, any bad management would have had to have begun long before February. For all we know, he might have become so disgusted by what he saw in those five months that he quit in disgust, being polite in citing "personal reasons" (like he didn't want to be associated with the mess HE DID NOT HELP TO CREATE).

Even Obama has said "family is off limits". Certainly trying to paint John McCain through his son's activities is not following that caveat. Also, there is nothing to criticize his son for...

As I said, try to find a "skewer" not a Q-tip!

Better question is how did McCain get on his post??? A bit reminicent of how you gave this country the gift of G. Bush. Let's see, his campaign was in ruin and almost bankrupt. THEN a poll came out saying he could beat both Hillary and Obama. Sooooooooo, just as in 2000, you all jumped on board an indoctrinated him as the nominee because you're so hell-bent on the anti-democrat stance (I'm sure there's a little racism too with you good ole boys ), that you'll accept anything that will win, as long as it's not a democrat or black man, even after you all ripped on McCain earlier in the primaries. LOLOL Oh, how sad you sheep are. LOL Try being independent. It's the party of the thinking man.

Carlos - He didn't call you a redneck. (Which is not a derogatory statement 'round here!) He called you (whomever else doesn't fall lock step into his delusions) a racist! His moronic diatribe from that day is quoted above. Since then he has fearfully removed his last name from his profile (typical liberal coward) and has labeled himself as a "dive-by" poster. (Too little, too late. :rolleyes: :p )He's a joke an an idiot. And yes, for those wondering, he's still an A$$! :D

Ahh Dan, I think I did miss that one....I think I might have even taken offense at that!

Drive by....ahhhh good one that! Not a "regualr" sucks to be him! HAHAHHAH

Bill, thanks man, I fell MUCH better now! I feel such a part of the crowd HAHAHAHH

Most boards I frequent calling all of the membership racist would result in banishment into internet oblivion. He's lucky Rich is more tolerent but its my prediction that strike 3 will not be long coming. Even Rich has his limits. Until then, I enjoy toying with the weak minded.

TOXIC

Hmmmm ... I think that there will be a lot of people of color and non-color who will cast their vote solely based on race. The issues are really too complex to get one's mind wrapped around; the issues are never black and white [:lol:], so folks vote for non-sensical reasons--Palin is a hottie, she fishes and hunts; Senator McCain is a veteran [as a veteran I would vote for him, as a Navy veteran I would write myself in], POW; Obama is half-black/half-white [a threefer for him with Blacks, Whites, and other halfs voting for him], his name is Obama, he's a shifty inexperienced devil. So, labeling good old boys as voting non-black is just part of the truth, and then again is also part lie.

But noe of that puts fish in the boat.

Shouldn't Terroreyes be watching CNN or some other one sided Democratic news channel instead of this site. Talk all the crap you want -- it's McCain / Palin for me!!! Don't need an Obamanation in my lifetime !!!:rolleyes:

One thing for everyone to remember... This site has some "heated" political discussions, that up to now have not been personal matters. I, and others, may have sharp political differences with one or more of the other memebers. But, I respect them and their right to have opinions and ideas. Criticize anyone's political position in a civil and respectful way and I will respect your right to do that. But, when the votes are counted and the election is over we are all back to being in the same boat with a new crew at the helm. We don't jettison passengers from the boat and we don't attack members here personally.

I am appreciative of the fact that we can have political discussions among the members here. I have much in common with my fellow members and can always learn something from their opinions and ideas. I may not agree with a post and address my comments to the author but I try not to attack the person, only the idea. If we all continue to do that we can continue to post political discussions. In that vein they are a benefit to us all. We can maybe learn something. But, if we ever disintegrate to the point where political discussion becomes a forum for insults and personal attacks, the posts will have no value and I will be the first to counsel Rich to add a "no politics" rule. If that happens we all lose.

So, keep it civil and contain the responses to the issues and not the poster.

Hey Greg, you can't be the first to counsel a no politics rule because I already did and got, rightfully so to a degree, spanked for it.:D

Now, if I am bound to get in trouble for taking up for myself and my good friends here on this forum by rejecting I am a racist, anti-Black, anti-democratic, and that I'll accept anyone as long as it's not a black man or democrat and I highly reject the statement that I am a sheep.

I asked for an apology for me and anyone else who read that crap from him. That's all. I didn't want a fight

Uncle Billy

And you never got it. I think everyone can agree on one thing.....that coment wnt over the line. I usually expect that from Marty LOL!!

TOXIC

Uncle Billy,

I, for the life of me, do not know how anyone could ever offend you... You freely admit to being "Airborne"... What more could be said to sully a reputation???:lol:

(I love you my brother... and if anyone, other than a Marine, ever does seriously jump into you "chit"... I will have your "six"... And, that, my brother, is a world of "chit" for the one who does);)