Gettin' together on July 12 and 13 in Wisconsin

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Meyer

Reaction score
Okay...

Since it "OFFICIAL" that Toxic and his "relation" are again coming to Southeast Wisconsin... Is it agreeable to have a "get together" on Monday and Tuesday, July 12 and 13 on Winneconne? (or some other arealake/river)

You know I'm there like a fat kid on birthday cake!! I know my B-I-Law will be all over it also (unless he has to go back to Chicago for some reason) and my wifes cousin will also be around for a couple of days. He musky fishes mainly but has been bugging me to teach him some of the finer points of bassin. I'm really getting stoked for this trip. Sat out on my deck and read 15 Bassmasters magazines last night picking out articles that were relevant to my quarry up North. Sort of a "refresher".

Have Senko's will travel!! As Judge Mills Lane likes to say, "LET'S GET IT ON!!!"

TOXIC

TOX and Meyer.....

Together in the same state.....

Wisconsin will never be the same!

You guys are gonna have a BLAST!!

"Ps-s-s-st..... TOXIC..... Wear a French Maid outfit for Greg!"
Web%20Cam%20ala%20Neeley.jpg

Not in your WILDEST dreams......Last year was a hoot..other than me "donating" my sunglasses to the lake. The Wolf river was great, fish till your hungry, dock in town (river runs through the middle of it), go in to the restaurant and eat, go back out and fish.

TOXIC

Me ,Could you stop useing that picture of Neeley .I'm starting to have nitemare's about it,Also it has pretty much ruined the thing I had for french maid's.

Sincerely,

Mark

I am in...was a great time last year! Greg get with me on your specifc plans so we can coordinate a bit!

I'm thinking about it...depends on the job and money situation

I'd love to get together with you guys then.

Greg - do you recommend a cottage or room? Also, I'm only about 90 miles away, so it's no problem towing my boat up there.

Mind if I join you?

TJ

Hey Tim, the more the merrier. Keep in mind, when we "group" fish, everybody runs and moves together. I don't like it when you go meet a bunch of people to fish then everybody splits and you don't see them till the end of the day. Defeats the purpose IMHO. Last year Corey and Greg just happened to be at the other end of a river marina (cut out of the bank) when my brother in law got nailed by a monster pike!! We also got some good smallies and had a blast. Lookin forward to it again!!

AAaarrrgggghhh!!! Wisconsin is do-able for me. Unfortunately I'm leaving for Florida(Jacksonville via Pensacola) to visit friends. I'm leaving the 11th of July.

Man I'd love to hit one of these mini rallys'

fatrap

Fatrap,

Make time for the River, you can stay at my crib :) We have a mini rally most weekends, well we try to. Tox never shows up :) Just poking Tox, I know.

CArlos

LOL!!! I try!! Just very bad luck the last couple of times and the weather hasn't cooperated either. I think it is all KB's fault!! Yea, that's it.....it's KB's fault!! You need to be thinkin about St. Clair that is a "Must Do" trip this year!!

TOXIC

Tox - couldn't agree more about the group thing. It sounds like a blast! I'll call tomorrow for a room.

Are you guys meeting up there Sunday night or Monday morning?

TJ

I will be there in the late afternoon Sunday. I am fishing the RCL on Lake Winnebago on Saturday and Sunday... So I will actually be there Thursday!!! Hey it is a tough job but somebody has to do it! Fishing for five or six days is so gruelling....

Let's plan on getting dinner Sunday night... One thing, if you do not get dinner before 8:30-9:00PM on a Sunday night in Winneconne... you don't eat!

Alright, I reserved room #34 at the Wolf River House Resort for Sun. and Mon. nights. The guy I talked to said their docks are underwater, but the walleye are really biting good.

By the way, I have almost no walleye tackle, so if we're gonna be fishing "eyes", I'm going to have to buy some stuff, and your suggestions would be much appreciated!

TJ

I only catch Walleye's on accident so I plan on Bass fishing the whole time. With an occasional Northern and Walleye to break up the monotony of all the Smallmouth we will be catching!

Right now the entire Wolf/Fox River Chain is having a lot of high water... It should be going down by the time we get there and if not it will have the fish up shallow...

I'm booked into room #5...

TJ... Are you bringing a boat? I will have mine... Tox has his also... And, if Corey can make it he will bring his... As far as fishing for eyes... I think we will be chasing bass... But, if you'd like I can spend some time with you going over some tactics and location issues... I have fished two walleye tournaments at Winnecone (two to go) and will finish one on the Sunday you show up...

Greg-

I can bring my boat, but don't have to. If all you guys are bringing your boats, I'd be just as happy to ride along with one of you. I'll pay for the gas.....

TJ

I won't know my situation till I get up there. I may have 2 others in my boat or I may just be by my lonesome. The exact schedule isn't posted till we get up there.

TOXIC

Okay... TJ for now leave it that you can fish with me... If we need another boat, Corey would bring his if he is coming... That could cover Tox's 3rd... And, if it his relative... well I want that "substance" in another ship, besides mine... I have weak vinyl seats... LOL

Hope things improve a little... It's almost a month away so lot's can change quickly... But, I remember 1993 on the Mississippi!!!

Just posted on Walleyefirst.com...

"Effective today the Sheriff of Winnebago County, WI has issued a temporary no use law on the Wolf and Fox Rivers. This does not include waters in the Cities of Oshkosh, Neenah or Menasha. It states that no one may use these waters for any boat, swimming or water activites. Do not travel on these waterways as the fine is very expensive and they will be monitoring. Effective Date 6-17-04"

I can believe it with all the rain we have been getting this spring. The Wolf and Fox rivers in that system cover a lot of ground. Now the main lake averages about 4ft deep so it can use the water in my opinion!

OK Greg - I'll plan on leaving my boat behind unless we need it. If more decide to join us, I'll bring it with me. No big deal either way.

This rain has been pretty impressive. My entire county is under "Emergency No Wake" order. It's great to be out there fishing without all the jet skis and such, but dang it takes a while to get to the other side of the lake!

Looks like a fairly dry weekend coming up - that's good news, anyway!

TJ

There's always the chain of lakes that I am on. It has no feeder rivers, only the Crystal River that drains them. They are all spring fed and very, very, clear. I doubt that there will be so much runoff that these lakes are topping out. I could be wrong but I don't think so.

TOXIC

Here's the latest from this morning's "Wisconsin State Journal" - the Madison, WI newspaper:

(AP)

"Many rivers and lakes across southern Wisconsin are experiencing high water because of unusually heavy rains that have hit the area in recent weeks.

In Winnebago County, officials closed Little Lake Butte des Morts; the Wolf River except for the stretch in Winneconne; and the Fox River west of Highway 41 except for Lake Butte des Morts......."

"....It's unknown how long the ban will be in place. Meteorologists told the sherriff the current weather pattern could continue for three weeks."

(When is the last time you've known a meteorologist to be right about ANY prediction?!?!?)

The closing prohibits "all recreational activities including boating, rafting, canoeing, and swimming until water levels recede."

I'm not familiar with that water, but is the fact that the Wolf is open in Winneconne good for us? In any case, alot can happen between now and the 12th, and if we get into a dry spell, you can bet the resort owners will be SCREAMING to open those waterways. Can you imagine the 4th of July and no boats in the water up there? I kinda doubt that will happen. Keep your fingers crossed!

TJ

TJ...

I am originally from Quincy, IL, a town on the Mississippi River. All I have to remember is 1993 when almost every levee from DesMoines Iowa to St. Louis Missouri broke (one or two didn't). The Mississippi River in Quincy was 12 miles from bank to bank...normally 1 1/4 mile... So, who knows... If we xcan't fish the chain we will invade Toxic's Resort Lakes and scare the heck out of his family (or they will scare the heck out of us!!!!LOL).

TJ-

The section of the Wolf river in Winneconnie is just a connector between two of the lakes...does not really help us that it is open unfortunately.

I hope I don't sound too pesimistic. I was just reading that in this morning's paper and thought I'd share. I'm looking forward to meeting you guys and I'll be there regardless of the water levels.

TJ

Carlos

The wife has resevations everyplace. Bed and breakfast thingies and such. I guess were gonna leave for Pensacola the nineth as my ex-Marine Corp buddy wants us to stay with him for the weekend and show me the Navy Air museum there. He flew for the Corps. It's all tied in tight. Then its Jacksonville to visit my old roomies on to St. Augustine. Rats. I'd like to do a rally or mini rally someplace. If I can swing it I might get on a plane next summer and try and hit a rally that way. Thanks for the offer.

fatrap

Ahhh great. More significant rainfall and storms for the Winneconne area tonight. This does not bode well for the receeding water levels we need....

Corey...

I just got back from Wally World... Bought a set of Scooby Doo Flippers, Mask and Snorkel... I'm ready for a waterfront room!

NO KIDDIN!! I was watching the weather channel last night and I saw the storms movin in again with another right behind!! Phooey!! Then this morning I hear there was a tornado!!

Remember, the chain is not fed by any rivers and is drained by the Crystal river (more like a stream) but I can guarantee you that it is not what are used to as far as water. Solid developement and TONS of boats but it is good water and there are fish!!

If it looks like there is going to be problems going where you want to go don't hesitate to get out of your reservations. I totally understand. Don't burn vacation days if we can't fish!!

TOXIC

At this point I am going to hold off on making a reservation at the Wolf River house just in case it is in the middle of the Wolf River at that time! For me it is close enough that I could make it a day trip and if it clears up I can find a place in Fond Du Lac I suspect for an overnighter.

I'm debating - I can cancel with two weeks notice without penalty, and it can't possibly be that difficult to score a room on a Sunday/Monday night, on short notice, can it?

TJ

If they don't lift the restrictions then the river is a bust. The only reason I fish the chain is because we are ON the chain. I have found fish everywhere there though.

TOXIC

......but if I cancel, I'll probably have to send that french maid outfit back to Staci......

Hmmmmmm, decisions, decisions.

TJ

It looks like I'll be towing the boat up there after all. My friend, Tom, may be joining us for a day or two of fishing. He lives about a half hour from Winneconne, so he won't be spending the night.

TJ

The Frencj Maid outfit is Neeley's.

Just give it to Greg to give back to him.

Wash it if you've worn it more than twice.

:)

Latest posts

Back