Galvashield has Arrived!!

• Thread starter Pat Goff [IMG]http://www.zjstech.net/~library/8609
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pat Goff

Reaction score
Nothing I like better than product improvements! This is no small thing, a powder coat over galvanized. No more rusted trailers! No more explaining to some poor guy how his "pretty" trailer is going to get cancer in saltwater..

DCP_0804.JPG

Yes this sounds like a step in the right direction, but how will i get my welding experience now?

Of course this is an option i assume. How much extra is it going to cost out of curiousity?

I was told 3 year corrosion, which is unheard of. Big props to Tracker for this improvement!

RangerTrail trailers started using the same material as the "Rhino lining" spray-on P/U bed protectant. It was new on their '04 trailers...AWESOME stuff......they have a 3yr warranty too. I saw a demo at the plant where they sprayed it with a sand blaster and it wouldn't chip off!! I don't know if "Galvashield" is the same stuff,...but if it's just as affective,..you'll LOVE IT!

Mac is the rangertrail galvenized under the Rhino Lining? Or is it typical steel?

Patt G - SO does this mean that in the future there is no need to buy an "ugly" galvenized trailer???

I doubt it Trep...but in all honesty, I've never asked that question since I've never needed a galvanized trailer....never gave it much thought. I'll check their website and see what I can find out...

Trep,...Ranger's Saltwater Trailers are painted aluminum...so my guess is they ARE sprayed with the chip resistant coating too...that can be tinted to any color you want. cool stuff.....

According to my information ALL tracker trailers will be *galvashield* galvanized won't be an option.

As I understand it, galvanizing is a dipping process. I can't see how a sprayed bedliner would be as good in those nooks and crannies. When you start factoring in things like swing-away tongues and such, I'd think the galvanized product would always out-perform aluminum or steel with a spray-on bedliner.

I think the biggest problem with galvanized products was the inability for paint to adhere properly. I have to take a "wait and see" approach to how the paint on the trailer will hold up, unless Tracker just wants to send me one free :).

once it gets chipped it all over. it will contiune till there is nothing left to fall off

First let me go on record, I **hate** painted trailers, I always thought they should be outlawed anyway.

Mike, I believe it's a powder coat process on the paint, should be as durable as the paint they use currently on the pro team boats, and that stuff sticks like grim death.

Even if it does chip, it's miles ahead of a plain painted trailer because you still have the galvanized protecting the metal. We all know ALL painted trailers get rock chips and then they rust where the ding happens.

All I can add, it's a dang nice looking finish on the trailers, and will certainly add value to the whole package. I'm in.

Powder coat is the way to go. Let the electricity do the work and get in all the nooks and crannies!

Those are some nice looking trailers for sure!

pmgoffjr,

i know its tough to chip, i had the frame of one of my cars powder coated. After 300 miles of driving it very very carefully, it had alot of chips and in a few years it looked so bad i had it removed and painted, and the paint held up alot better. Dont get me wrong i think it will look nice, i just question for how long. I am sure when i by my new boat later this fall i will get the gavashield.

mike

Latest posts

Back