Funny story...I found out that I can't walk on water...

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob G.

Reaction score
I recently joined a bass fishing club as a non-boater and fished my first club tourney yesterday. I posted a VT fishing report yesterday. During the last hour of the day we were fishing near a train bridge that was supported by poles in 22'. The bridge is pretty close to the water as everyone had to remove their front seats and sit down to get under it. I got my Senko snagged on the top of a submerged pole. I got on the front deck (Nitro 180 FS) with my fishing partner and was trying to get it free when the boat made an unexpected turn away from me. I had to make a sudden exit from the boat so I just stepped off of it so I would be upright. As I was descending in the lake, I reached up and grabbed one of the overhead supports that stuck out from the bridge. So, there I was hanging from the support, waist deep in 22' of water. I managed to get on top of two submerged poles (about a foot underwater, under the bridge) while my partner got the boat over so I could get back in!! I went to the back of the boat and said "That was pretty funny, huh?". He didn't think so. He was worried that I would have got hurt or something. So now my new All Star rod is gone and partner says that it's probably hanging off of the snag. We find the Senko stuck to the top of one of the underwater poles. I reached down, unhooked Senko and pulled up my All Star rod!! I wrung out my shorts and socks, removed wet wallet and truck keyless entry/keys and went back to fishing! A couple of casts later I got snagged again so my new policy for now is to just break it off! I re-tied a new Senko and then caught a 2.5 pounder. I'm just glad that I'm 6' 2" and it's summer!! I thought the whole incident was hilarious because if I had watched somebody else do it, I would have laughed my arse off!!

I usually keep an extra set of clothes in my truck in case stuff like this happens and that's where they were - in my truck at a park-n-ride 1.5 hours away! I had rode to tourney with fishing partner! I think I'll take that duffle bag with me next time!

Bob G.

Too funny!!! Glad you weren't hurt. Too bad there wasn't anyone videotaping. America's Funniest Videos...$10K FOR SURE!!!

~S

Had several close calls like that myself but so far I haven't taken the big gulp. I worry that I will someday when I'm out by myself. Seldom if ever wear a vest.

Good that your'e OK and can laugh about it now.

Harpo

Toxic,

The only reason that I posted about my mishap is because you told your story about pulling up lilly pads and I didn't feel so bad!! I thought hanging off of the bridge was funny then and even funnier now!

Video tape would have been good, feel free to send me $10k anyways Stacey!

Bob G.

Hey, if you can't laugh at yourself then you've got problems!! Kinda like me kneeling on the TM pedal while trying to un hook the bow strap and makin hamburger out of my chest while a client watched!! LOL Funny is as funny does.

Believe me, I'll post em as I see em (or live em).

TOXIC

Bob, I can't say I can top that one.....yet! My day is coming soon....

Latest posts

Back