Free Advertising?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fred Kerr

Reaction score
As a new member to the board here I'm really surprised by the amount of talk about hats, shirts, decals....with the Nitro logo...There are some of us here having problems with tracker and then there are others who are advertising for free for tracker. I just don't get buying hats and shirts to advertise for them..maybe if they gave them to all there owners and you didn't have a problem with them ....

Is it just me?

Fred, as with many products on the market, many owners are brand loyal and brand proud.

For example, I run another site about a Ford vehicle. It's not like the vehicle has never had any warranty claims or recalls, but that that doesn't prevent the owners from feeling like they love the vehicle. They buy lighted Ford logos, Ford Racing hats, Ford logo hitch covers, etc. It's part of expressing their pride as owners.

Personally, I'm very proud of my Nitro. It's been a terrific boat, and I have no problem putting a Nitro hat on top of my head (covers the bald spot). I've been searching for a Nitro decal for my truck window. If I see it in a store, I'll buy it.

My truck has a BIG Nitro decal, always wear the hat when I fish and my Nitro tournament shirt. People have problems with every product that was ever sold at one time or another. I am a proud Nitro owner, yes I have had problems in the past, but they have always been taken care of.

Fred... I don't get your question.. my 882 is the best boat I have ever owned and I don't mind letting people know! I have several hats,shirts,sweat shirts and even a NITRO rain suit' all I wear every time I step into me boat.

Also the guys at BPS in Grapevine, TX have been great any time I need something or even when I just want to talk fishing!!!

Fred... you can order your new hat at www.trackerboats.com

HA..HA
http://www.trackerboats.com

Fred -I know as a first time boat (real boat) buyer 2 years ago I didn't understand it either. I mean my Tracker has more NAME (Tracker) advertising built in then any vehicle i've owned. But having had this Tracker of over 2 years, I had to fight (got caught in management turnover) to get my 2 FREE Tracker hats from Atlanta when I bought the boat so me and my Son can wear them together. Of course now that i've got 2 boys who go with me Daddy doesn't get one!

Funny, i've had 15 vehicles (4 motor cycles and 11 cars) that i've owned in my short 35 years (driving since I was 16) and never understood why folks would advertize thier brand/vehicle with shirts/hats and stuff (unless the dealer/manufacture gave it to you free - that's a different story) but I seem more attached to my boat then any of the cars (and yes even my SWEET 1989 Mustang GT Convertible).

I've got BPS/Tracker shirts, hats, towels and the like.

Like Rich said, it's just a way of saying that your proud of the brand you own. Pretty much the same way some support their football teams. And when I bought my boat they had the normal spring time free gear bonus, $200 to spend on Tracker crap. In fact I recieved the free gear yesterday and my son couldn't wait to throw a Nitro hat on his dome. And I put the Nitro sticker in the back window of my truck last night. I just gave a friend this morning a Nitro shirt, because of him I decided on a Nitro. He was pumped up over getting one. I wish the football teams that my son and I like, would send us $200 of free gear. And as far as having problems or needing info on a Tracker/Nitro. I have been able to find most the info I needed just searching this site. It sounds like you have had a problem with your boat, post it and see how fast people come to help. But that's my 2

It is kind of ironic how we'll spend thoudands of dollars on a boat,..and then BUY hats and appearal to advertise it,...(myself included),...but I'll be damned if i spend $200 on 4 Lions tickets and a hat!!! LOL

Now the wings on the other hand,........i WILL support a winner!!

Mac

Hmmmm, RedWings . . . . .

. . . . St. Louis Blues . . . .

nah, better not.

MO,....we might have to make a little side bet on that!!...My guys better get their heads out though,..they totally outplayed Vancouver last night and STILL lost!!...I absolutely despise the thought of Mark Crawford beating Scotty Bowman,....it CAN'T happen!! LOL

WingNuts unite!

I keep having this terrible flashback to several years ago...Best record in hockey...

Bow out in first round...

It won't happen this year!!!

I'm with you on the Crawford thing...ever since his days with the Av's...boo hiss

az

Got my other hat ready since Eli and Noah stole mine:

Will fish for food!

Well, folks in St. Louis are suffering the "Blues" right now. In BOTH senses of the word! Always the bridesmaid, never Stanley's bride.

Speaking of which, how 'bout them Cardinals? I hear their taking Ram's players in order to keep the bullpen bench warm! And Jack Buck is still in the hospital. Sad all the way around.

I love my Nitro. Like wearing my Red Nitro hat and Crimson Oklahoma U. shirt. Both match my boat.

yo Gary, listen up my friend, that niceeeeeee red hat you like, is HUSKER red! :^)

NJ Devils!!!!! Go ahead, I dare ya Mac! Don't make me sick Niedermeyer on you. I know I really screwed up his last name! But I haven't been to a game in FOREVER!!!!!!!!! Durn work! I can get Habs tickets anytime since the whole office is from Montreal!

OK, THAT'S it. Your done for now. Without a boat, I've had lots of time to sit on the shore and contemplate how to best utilize Champy during the rally! He's gonna have Hotwings, not red wings! I don't think Scott's perch colored life vest will fit you though. Maybe your thigh! LOL Neidermeyer only has probably the most powerful slap shot in the NHL. I can't even recall how many pieces of glass his missed shots have detroyed. I didn't say the most accurate, just most powerful! LOL

AHHH Grasshopper,....it's Al McInness from the dreaded 'Blues who has THEE whickedest AND most accurate slapshot in the league!!,.............and Champy's a wuss.....right there with Claude "the Turtle" Lemieux! LOL

Mac

and further more,....don't whine to me about not having a boat!!.......I don't even want to go there!!

'nuff said about THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....I'm going home,...seeya!!!

Ok...I gotta jump in...any body ever see Happy Gilmore???

Now that was the most wicked slapshot in history!!!

I'll never forget McInnes scoring on Osgood from damn near center ice with a slapshot in the playoffs a few years ago............UNREAL!!!!....

Actually that was in '97 when the wings won the cup,........during the celebration ceremony at the Joe, it was Ozzie's turn to talk,..he walks up to the podium that was set up at center ice and the crowd is going wild,........he looks down at the goal and he said,.."It doesn't look that far from here!!"..LOL

The crowd went nuts laughing and cheering,.............man he took alot o'grief for giving that goal up at the time though......we wanted to kill the dude!!!...LOL

Wow, all you guys really surprised me tonight. I didn't know you were hockey fans. I wish I could chime in here with something good to say but I'm in mourning. The last place, barely making the placeoffs, relying 100% on their goalie Montreal Canadians just won game 6 and defeated my toatlly awesome for the first time in 9 years, bone crunching, nose breaking Boston Bruins :eek:(

There is nothing worse than a 1st place team getting knocked out in round 1...especially when it's yours. I thought for sure that if the Pats could win the superbowl, then the Bruins could win the cup... Oh well, there's always next year.

An update, we finally got the box 'o Tracker goodies when my 6 yr old yelled,"the big brown truck is here, and he's got a box with him!" well, my 2 sons grabbed those tracker hats so fast, my oldest son wants the jacket, my daughter wants the windbreaker,and by the time it's all said and done i'll probably end up with a travel mug,a couple stickers, and a couple keychains, so now this "free" stuff's gonna cost me a few more bucks so DAD can get a couple hats for himself too! LOL

But as far as free advertising, I don't mind, I think it's cool they offer the freebies. Have a good night everyone and good fishing to all.

Latest posts

Back