For Hummingbird Greg

• Thread starter Richard Hodge2 [URL]http://www.themountdepot.com/c
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard Hodge2

Reaction score
Ok Greg it's all your fault! I am loving the 597 ci hd combo you talked me into. So far I've drilled no holes in the boat for it. I mounted the transducer inside the bilge and worried about it like crazy until I got it to the lake. Depth is right on target as I actually got close to shore and used a pole to compare measurements. Imaging is good, but imaging seems to be full of artifact at higher speeds in rough water, but that's understandable. I had a "duh" moment by using a bag of rice to hold the transducer in epoxy while curing and the bag broke open and about 1 lb of rice ended up in my bilge which took next to forever to remove. Live n Learn!

I jerry rigged a mount by making a mount bracket that connects under the console,with a

R A M mount to raise up to a safe viewing height until I can decide where in the world to permanently mount it. I studied my console over and over again and can't seem to find a suitable place. It's a new Nitro 189 Sport and the console doesn't have many spots to mount without covering gauges or interfering with steering or obstructing the view. If I mount too low then I'll be looking down instead of watching what I might run into! If anyone with a 189 Sport has a FF mounted I'd love to know how you did it. I'll be adding another mount on the bow for fishing but this console has me stumped. While searching the web I'm amazed how many results have come up with Kayak mounts. I had no idea that Kayaks were so popular.

Anyway Greg and Toxic, thanks for your patience and info as I stumble back into boating and re-learn things.

Anyone ever heard of these? I've got more cup holders than I need so I'm just wondering if this is strong enough.
http://www.themountdepot.com/category_s/790.htm

That name alone is worth buying it!!!! LOL

LOL and ram-a-can is even fun to say, but not thinking it's durable enough to hold my FF.:lol:

Latest posts

Back