OK Cabin Fever has settled in up north, anyone in the SOUTH want to fish in Jan?? Feb?? March???

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrepMan

Reaction score
OK gang, I tried this in 2005 and it never got off the ground, so I figured if I started in Dec 2005 it might happen.

I'm OPEN to almost any Saturday in Jan, Feb or March on Allatoona, Lanier, or Carters Lake for a NTOWS Rally. If anyone wants to try Allatoona, i'll open up Casa De Trepper for your hot tub, home brew and sleeping pleasure.

Serious inquiries only, cash, check, major credit cards accepted!!! LOL

Come on, have some Chutzbah (as my people say) and tell the wife you are TAKING a kitchen pass that Saturday! Glass? Tin?? Wood?? Bring it down!! Sim, drag your pretty wife and the MEAN 911 this way! Big Dan, Hook that Targa up!! Rich, Get that Sprint's seats back in her!! Tex, grab the Stratos and Judy and ROAD TRIP!! Richard, bring the Tracker, heck i'll take Friday off and guide you on the Hooch in your boat! Neeley, you don't a boat, drive down and join us mybrothafromanothamutha!!! Firescooby, and the rest of you Lanier boys, hook up, gas'em up, Raw Hide!!!

OK, who's in???

I have nothing better to do on a cold Sat Trep,does an accidental 50lb striper count?

Tim - I want to SEE you land a 50lb striper!!

Bill - OK you are invited, load up the truck, bring Nancy and the dog!!

Bassin Fool - Have Bill pick you up on the way!

Dang if you'd included Nickajack I'd be in. :)

Altoona don't sound bad though.

I will wave on my way to and on my way back from Fla the last Sat in Jan and the 1st Sat in Feb...

BF

Good news,I just learned from another post that I'm a rebel. But I don't like those grits. Can I still come Trep. I do follow the Braves. Wait a minute, don't you play 3rd base for them boys?

I could also hitch a ride with Bruce to hunt some gators.

Grits!!!!!!!! Never had them what exactly is it?

Their lumpy little pieces of mashed up homony gunk that those southerners like Tex eat.

"Huddle House"? Place where southerners meet to eat homony gunk?:D

I stop at Huddle House everytime we venture to and from Lake Barkley...and I ain't eating any grits. :wacko: :) . They do have some good chili though ;)

GRITS.

Corn that is ground to a moderate consistentcy (not into flour and not nugget sized either). It is then boiled with water/salt/butter for about 20 minutes till it get's to a 'porridge like' consistency. Then you add some additional butter, pepper, potentially more salt, and eat it with your eggs and bacon/ham/sausage.

Gourmet grits have 'cheese' added to the final step.

That along with a couple of fresh made baking powder biscuits and you are good to go.

By the way, Polenta is another name (and cooking style) for grits (slightly different indegridents).

Of course, GRITS is also an acronym.

Girls Raised In The South (best looking in the world).

Tex

Depending on the when and the where, I would like to make it to your shindig. (We know I prefer Lanier for a selfish reason!) I don't know if I'll be in the Targa, the Robalo, or the Maxum cruiser now parked at my dock. (The Maxum thanks to my brother. LOL!) If need be, I can still fit in the canoe (barely!) or even our 10' "Christmas tree sinking" jon boat, however the location would have to be even much closer to me! LOLOL!! Keep me in the loop.

Trep - You should have been out there today! The barometer is bottoming out and anything swimming within 10' of the surface was getting creamed by stripers and spots. My thumbs are shredded!

Dan you my have just became my new best friend on Lanier.....I looooooooooooove those big Linesides,where by the way were you fishing for those bad boys..............................................Trep i know a great little place we can show them boys all about cheese grits and chicken tenders and eggs for breakfast.........Thanks you guys I have to go eat now I am starved..........

Dan - I would have LOVED to be out the today instead of WORKING for a living!! heck i'm STILL working right now!!! ARRGGGHHHH

Grits with Brown sugar and cream...mmmmmmmmm. Now Scrapple is a Southern dish I wouldn't serve to my dog.:p

TOXIC

But I just :wub: SPAM!!

Other than the letters and the diff between spam and scrapple? Other than I don't seem to get any scrapple in my yahoo e-mail? Arron you are more that welcome to come gator hunting with me, one of those buggers still has my cell phone from 2 years ago and I am still getting the bills.......................:huh: Or I can drop you off at a Huddle house and Trep can pick you up?:p

BF

rtlo - They've been pretty consistent on the main river points between the Hwy 53 and Hwy 129 bridges. (Above G'ville Marina and below Lil' River.) Most are in the 5-8lb. range, but there have been enough like the ones below (pic from a different day) in the same area. A lot of surface action today with the 'gulls pointing them out. I'm now having to travel almost 2 min. from my dock. (LOL!) I got spoiled for the last 6-7 weeks, they had been right behind the house! Either drop the T/M and go, or fish off the dock. There have been some great big spots (3.5-5lb.'ers) mixed in with them. I've been using a Mikey Jr. topwater, but most have come on a 6" Optimum swim bait in green shiner color. (Herring-ish)

Jan 2 2005 Stripers.jpg

I know that's an old Pic dan 'cause its the 929 and I believe thats the one that had the 225 not the 250??

And why didn't you ever tell me about the Robalo? You holding out on me 'cuz??? I see a road trip to FL gulf coast for Reds and Specs!!!

Very nice,I will want to hook up w/ you soon.I will be off 11 days after CHRISTmas.I want to install my jackplate and do some serious striper fishing...I have heard if you come up that way arond the rowing event site you can catch quite a few,i made the decision to go to Mary Alice park instead and caught a few....
IM000738.JPG

Dan let me know when you want to hook up and i can bring my boat and we can try the waters for some big ones

Trep...I may need to get the info from you again on how your j/p is set up as far as holes used and distance prop/pad...............Looking forward to Alatoona this spring

Tim - Just email me what you need, but remember i'll be out all next week (this Sat till next Sat) at Disney with the family. And let me know when you have the plate installed and checked out the prop, i'd love to try that 24p on mine, and you are welcome to try my 25 turbo.

OK Cabin Fever has settled in up north, anyone in the SOUTH want to fish in Jan?? Feb?? March? by TrepMan

Translation: Alright y'all, the yankees are pullin' their hair out and freezin' their arses off, how 'bout we kick 'em in the nuts and go fishing?

2funny.gif

Trep - Yep, that's the old sled. (No more Nitros since my 8/1 re-retiring! LOL!) The pic is from Jan. '05 with fish of the same quality. (The white '02 one had the 250XB.) I don't take as many fish pics as I used to because they all kinda look the same after while (and I get lazy about remembering to take it with me and then download. LOL!)

I'm still waiting on the Marina to finish the repower before I pay for the Robalo (240). It had twin Merc 200's with one holding cyl. press. @ or below 70's on two cyl.'s and the other had 90 psi at the best from all 6. They're supposed to be hanging Yammie 200's (a month ago!) and when they're done (and it checks out) I'm heading back to the Gulf as often as possible. (I love that winter gag fishing!!) I still get the Targa out a few times a week. My brother moved his Maxum 2600 Cruiser to my dock a few weeks ago after a bunch of thefts at his marina. It's starting to look like a used boat lot in my back yard. LOL!

The ice storm knocked down a handful of 4' thick oaks blocking my driveway and the main road as well as losing power all the way down the point. We've been on a generator from 4:00am yesterday (my birthday to boot!) 'til about 7:00am this morning. Not fun with a baby and a 6 yr. old, but routine for the mountains in winter. Hope y'all fared better!

Dan,

Have you put up a Dan J's Marine Supply and Daycare up yet? Hoping that when the Atlanta gang get's together, I'm going to get to come over and be a 'non-boater' for the trip.

Tex

Dan - So the Robalo is a new purchase or have you had it and just repowering it?? I miss the gulf fishing from when we lived in Houston, miss the Reds, Specs and Flounder!!!

Tex - Looking forward to seeing you again! If you need a ride, I'd love to accomodate. We could always relive some memories for you in my Targa.

Trep - It's an '01 and supposed to be getting '02 Yamahas with less than 200 hours on them. (The DDT will tell for sure.) It's been well cared for, but the Mercs were below my minimum of wear on the powerheads. The trailer is an '04 and looks brand new. (alum. I-beam, dual axle, dual brakes) I'm getting a little leary and impatient with the repower process though. Overall, I'm in no hurry. There's a plethora of boats available right now and I've got plenty enough to keep me busy! LOL!!

Cool, I've got 9 days left before I board that Freedom Bird from Baghdad to Georgia! I promised the wife that I would take her to a tournament this coming year so I'm in. I'll keep up with ya'll to find out where you're headed. Will be nice to put some faces with the names after so long.

Jim

Latest posts

Back