First Tourney

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy Walls

Reaction score
Hey had our first tournament of the year yesterday and it started out not as hoped. It was 29 degrees and the lake level was down 3.5 feet. That was a lot on a 500 acre lake with 30 boats. Good thing and most suprising is that my partner and I haven't fished this lake in two years because of all the problems with the water levels. Many boats backed off the trailer only to hit a rock pile because they went in too fast. Needless to say a lot of pissed off people. Well we decided to hit one bay and one narrows where we thought the fish would be staging and we were able to find five small keepers for 8.0lbs. Hold your breath here, we won first place with that weight. Only 11 boats weighed in any thing with most with one fish. We had the only limit. We fished the new Rapala Slash baits in green and white. We caught about 15 fish but only 5 that measured. Couldn't be happier with the $525.00 check!:lol:

Anyone else do good this weekend?

Randy!

I did very well on saturday here in pa.Sunday was another story,fished a club tourny and had only one keeper but good enough for 4th place.It is nice getting a check isnt it.Congrats.

What kind of water temps are you talking about ? Up north here were just getting ice out.

Gross

We were showing the high 40 with one bay right at 50. The air temp at take off was 32! By the end of the tourny it was 60.

Where is up north?:)

First tourney was 4-1-06,very cold,breezy enough that I anchored on a point and fished from the back of the boat,could'nt feel my fingers for a while.Got one fish at 3.57 lbs good enough for 6th place. First place was 2 fish,a 4 and a 2 for 6.00 total weight,and his 4 was big fish(GRRR:angry:) only 10 guys weighed fish,18 blanked.Happy I had the one bite and did not miss it,overall I am in 4th place for the year in our division:p

Randy,Saturday i was fishing the SRTT circuit on the Susquehanna River and Sunday i was fishing a club tourny on a little lake south of Sunbury,Pa.

Up north is Minnesota , The Twin Cities. we've been more in the 70's as of late. but you never know up here.

Mark

Mark I take it you live by the twin cities? I will be in Minneapolis on the 27th through the 30th for a volleyball tournament for my daughter. Gald to hear there is more there than the mall of america and volleyball. That is all I have been hearing lately!:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back