FINALY!! A Striper!!

• Thread starter Michael Trepper [IMG]http://www.zjstech.net/~libra
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrepMan

Reaction score
OK, SO for Rob, Bob G and the REST of you whiningcabinfevershutinnorthererns, I took the Tracker out today! Sunny 62 degrees, water temp 45-46. Wasn't the kind of day I wanted to start the year off (was hoping for HUGE numbers of HUGE fish!!) but got my first Striper in the boat! a nice little 3 1/2 lber but he made a GREAT dinner!!

OK, so now the goal next time is TWO fish!!!

Got him trolling an umbrella rig in 50ft of water. I marked HUGE numbers of bait and stripers but was only able to get one to bite. Tried live bait and spoons also to no avail. Did spear a threadfin shad with the umbrella rig on the way to the ramp.

The sun was going down so the clarity of the pic is not great.
Jan%202002%20mike%20striper.jpg

You sure that isn't a carp? :) And a 3.5 pound striper makes for a good SNACK! :). I had to check your location since the weather sounded VERY familiar. You got 1 more fish than I did.

hey - that picture looks great! i've been out 3 times with only a couple of tree bass. congrats!

jd

Trep,

Congrats on catching a fish!!! It looks like you are done CATCHING fish for the year. I'll be looking for your pic of your next fish next year!! Just kidding, hopefully the fishing gods bless you two fish next time! Oh yea, did you ever hear of that thing that makes light at the exact moment the the camera shutter opens??

Bob G.

Well, when Trep called me from the boat yesterday - to report his catch, it weighed 5lbs. At least he has learned to hold the fish out in front!

Congrats' on the nice striper.

Tex

You don't know how small Trep is!!!!!...LOL!!!! We fish with tubes that have bigger "girth's"...

Trep,

I was hoping that you catch MORE fish on future trips!! Compared to your previous posts, 1 fish is a good season for you!!

Bob G.

You got that right Bob G. My "season" last year stunk!!! I think I had one winter day with 2 decent Spotted Bass and that was it, other then an occational 1 fish here and there, none of any size! Granted I only fish about twice a month on weekends, but MAN I need a better approach!

hey, maybe it's the BOAT, need to look at boat show on Sunday, but not in the budget this year!! and I LOVE my TIN!!

Congrats Trep, nice Striper! I echo the sentiment that it looks bigger than the weight, got my first Striper last April, just over 2 lbs, and nowhere near as big as that one looks in the pic. egMike

Latest posts

Back