Finally

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eric nichols

Reaction score
Finally got some nice weather to install the new electronics. Now, if the flooding would stop, I may be able to try it out. Thanks to everyone for your suggestions and help.

Eric

Boat sonar 1.jpg
Boat sonar 2.jpg

I don't think that I've really ever thought of (or seen for that matter) a RAM mount on the front of the boat like this, but it looks really good. Hmmmmm, I'll have to think about that. Interested to know how much more difficult (if any) is it to 'remove' the unit when it's in the RAM mount?

I really wish that my HBird units had a larger profile 'release switch' on them. I have to fight mine, too often.

Tex

I have mine mounted the same way and love it. Being able to move the unit around and adjust the tilt of the screen is great, especially in the bright sunlight. When you lock the ram mount down for trailering the head will pop right off.

Thanks guy. It wasnt difficult at all, especially with help from all of you here on this forum. Tex.....I saw a boat at the ramp with this set-up and gave it a shot. The man told me it was easier, and less stressful on the units base, to tilt the mount base instead of pulling on the unit when you need a different angle because of glare, etc. Taking the unit off isn't anymore difficult. Thanks again for all the help.

Eric

Latest posts

Back