Fathers Day present

• Thread starter Carlos Hathcock III
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlos Hathcock III

Reaction score
My son gave me a recessed TM pedal deal for fathers day. Anyone here have a 896 or an 898 that has the hole cut for a recessed TM pedal? I am wondering how far from the front of the boat the recess is and also were there any clearance problems? I want to make sure of this before I cut that huge hole in my deck up front.

Thanks

Carlos

Carlos,

having the pedal recessed is the best thing since sliced bread.I have a few bad discs and it really makes a difference at the end of a day of fishing.

You may want to unscrew the deck and lift it a few inches to see if there is anything under where you are cutting,make sure nobody took a shortcut routing wires.

Steve

Steve,

How far from the bow of the boat is the front part of the housing? I do not want to mess this one up!!

Carlos

I've never used a recessed petal how much easier is it. I don't think I could go a summer without tripping over my petal and going swimming.

fatrap

I couldn't answer Carlos.

I made my own for my pro 17.I really didn't care for the size of the hole for the pre made ones,so I made one that the pedal fits snugly in.It only has about one inch gap around the pedal,and my foot still gets snagged in it once in awhile.

You may have no choice but to lift your deck and see whats under there and get some measurements.Better to take the extra time that cut a hole and find a brace or something right in the middle of the hole.

Measure three times,cut once..........

CIII, remember Steve has TIN!!! You have glass BIG difference. Call Tracker and see if there is anything you need to know. Also call Kenny at Mare he can help. Tell him I said hey!!

TOXIC

Ps I got your goods!! You home this weekend?

Hey al, here's a tip.....try it without the butt seat....It helps!! I never use mine now. I do have the recessed pedal.

TOXIC

But, Bill.....

WHAT would you have used it for?

(I'm a .22LR/.22WMR/.223/.243 fan myself!)

Staci, it would be great mounted on the bow for those

(**^&$^$^$ wave runners, or if anyone wants to shoot at you from the shore:)

Bill

Tox,

Forgot he has tin..whoops.......

I will see you tomorrow?

Tox, how far from the bow is your recess?

Teddy has my boat. I'll be happy to measure on Sunday. Make Sure you call Kenny at Mare. He is the best in the business.

TOXIC

Latest posts

Back