Nitro 188 Sport Foot Pedal Tray

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Notrab77

Reaction score
I put an Ultrex on my 188 Sport several months back and am thinking about putting a recessed tray in for the foot pedal. I think there may be just barely enough room with the from hatch opening. Thought I would check and see if anyone has done this before? I’m doing my best to make the family boat fishing compatible and I find the foot pedal doesn’t stay in one place very well, so hoping this would help plus I want to add a graph to the front.

Thanks for any feedback.

Same issue on my 185. Instead of a foot pedal, I went with the trolling motor that has the remote control version. It works great.

If it's anything like mine (07 Nitro 189), you are going to have precious little space to install a recessed foot pedal tray up front. I went with a Motorguide Xi5 with the remote fob and have never used my foot pedal once.

Good idea on screwing the foot pedal to the deck. I may give that a try. I did some measuring and don’t think there will be room for a tray with the size of the Ultrex pedal.

I have mine screwed down on a 1998 185 fish ans ski. I also added and offset pedestal and a made a deck extension towards the windows. Made a huge difference in fishing. The extension I left open and slide additional tackle or a cooler under it.

Maybe im looking at it wrong, but with a recessed tray the pedal would be out of the way when I pull the trolling motor to go play. Screwed down it wouldn't go anywhere and I would have the pedal and both cords to deal with.

But then I guess the cords will be an issue regardless with any type of permanent mount.

Perhaps I am dumb on the trays. But if it recessed would it not hold water in bottom and take a chance on shorting out? Drain hole would drain in dry storage and nothing be dry anymore. Just my $0.02....😉

If it's anything like mine (07 Nitro 189), you are going to have precious little space to install a recessed foot pedal tray up front. I went with a Motorguide Xi5 with the remote fob and have never used my foot pedal once.
So, just out of curiosity, did you disconnect the foot pedal and remove it to a storage compartment \ to get it out of the way ?

Latest posts

Back