Ethanol and Outboards

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry Anderson

Reaction score
What is everyone doing (if anything) concerning the additive to gas in relation to your outboard?.......LA

My understanding (???) is the two don't mix on a 2 stroke engine?

BF

My understanding (???) is the two don't mix on a 2 stroke engine?

BF

There's been quite a bit of discussion on this subject over on BASH. According to the so called experts over there it seems that everything will be okay as long as your boat is made after 1988. Personally, I think it would be a good idea to change all your fuel filters before running ethanol in your boat.

Harpo

Im with Mike. Im not too worried about it. The manual for my Merc says up to 15% is ok, in my state they are doing 10%. Really at this point its either live with it or dont use my boat since every gas station in my state is required to carry this blend.

What about the 4 strokes? Should be OK there???

My Yamaha manual reads the same as JimB's Mercury manual. Here in TN, 10% is the max. amount of Ethanol allowed in gasoline. Well fpr now any way.

Tex, excellent article, I should have known that ADM was at the bottom of the current ethanol craze. Well, so much for that idea.:unsure:

BTW, that's an excellent website. There are several very interesting articles. I saved it to my favorites list.

Harpo

I have a Merc 225 EFI. Called Mercury and they said that you can run up to 15% ethanol.

Plus, my EFI already has a water seperator filter on it. They said as a preventative, you might want to add stabil to your tank to help take more water out of the gas. Good Fish'n!:)

Latest posts

Back