Suggestions for sourcing a used outboard

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jody Pope

Reaction score
Confirmed today that the motor on the new to me bass boat is toast.

looking for any suggestions for a good source for a used outboard. I’m looking for EFI 4 stroke in the 90 to 115 HP range.

anyone know anything about this website

https://cascadeoutboardmotor.com
the site has a pretty big selection but I can’t find any reviews or feedback for it

thanks in advance for any suggestions

Look at the phone number listed, it's a overseas number. I would not chance sending a draft and expect a motor anytime this century. I would look only at various dealers to see what they have in stock new and used. Look into Suzuki motors as they are getting a serious excellent reputation. Of course take into account you'll need to purchase a compatible rigging kit. My 2.1 LTR 75 Merc has been rock solid. It is the same engine platform 75/90/115.

Iv scored a lot of good motors off Craigslist and marketplace off of boats people just want gone and list them for free. You will probably never find a 4 stroke or efi motor though.

Thanks all. I figured out that site was a scam as are a lot of others. The key indicator is if they do not take credit cards.
I found a 2006 90hp mercury four stroke EFI and am taking the boat tomorrow to have it installed.

had to just call around to all my local marinas and repair shops and ask for any advice on where to go/who to call. A lead from a marina close to our house led me to this engine so lots of old fashion phone calls did the trick.

thanks again for the replies.

Latest posts

Back