2003 90HP Tracker Motor (Mercury), haven't ran it in 2 years

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Millspaugh01

Reaction score
I have a 90HP 2 stroke on my ProTeam 185 that I am embarrassed to say, haven't ran it in 2 years! I siphoned all the gas I could get out of it a couple years ago when I put it away. If I fill it up with some new fuel what are the chances of it starting? I have kept my batteries up. Is there anything else I should think about doing to avoid issues? Thanks.

It probably will start up right away and not have any issues, but to be on the safe side, I would replace the impeller and all the gaskets and O rings associated with it and change the lower gear oil. Pay attention if any water comes out right away, If none then go have fun!

Make sure the pee hole works, could be clogged with debris, also the speedo port on the lower unit.

I have a 90HP 2 stroke on my ProTeam 185 that I am embarrassed to say, haven't ran it in 2 years! I siphoned all the gas I could get out of it a couple years ago when I put it away. If I fill it up with some new fuel what are the chances of it starting? I have kept my batteries up. Is there anything else I should think about doing to avoid issues? Thanks.
You are going to have to remove the carbs. and clean them. The worst thing is to run it and have a main jet clogged and burn a cylinder because it got leaned out. The gas has evaporated and left the oil and then became hard. Really it will run without doing so however the old hard oil will brake down and come loose and block a passage. Seen it many times specially with aftermarket oil . Andrebass is correct about the impeller too.

Latest posts

Back