Electical Question

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barry Loos

Reaction score
As part of my summer routine, on July 1 I pull the batteries out, clean them, check the fluid, etc. and that will get me through till Labor Day when I do it again. After I put the first battery back in and was ready to put the second, I saw glass chips in the second battery tray. Then I noticed the fused connector for the T/M had come apart and the fuse was broken. I put a new fuse in and reconnected the link. Although the T/M works fine, it seems like sort of a flimsy connection. My question is: am I missing a piece or is that all there is

I just had a problem with one of the fuses in the red fuse holder also. I had to replace the wiring harness (small - and an extra was right there since I only have one trolling battery). Not sure about the spring though.

Mine was still intact, but not working. When attempting to dislodge the old fuse, it broke - causing the exchange. Probably bears watching for all of us.

Happened to me to. I carry a box of extra fuses just for that reason. May go to a circuit breaker at some point.

I usually put elec tape around it to hold it too. But put some kind of elec conductive lube in there. Often the fuses will corrode slightly and stick inside of the holder. When you try to replace or check them, they break leaving the metal end inside and no easy way to remove them. The lube, allows them to pop right out. Good luck

Thanks for the answers. Just for the record a fellow at Auto Zone said a 40amp AGC fuse is not a common item for a car parts place. I had to go to a Triton boat dealer to get some spare fuses. Nothing is ever simple.

Bear

Rob - good point on the lube. What you described is exactly what happened to me, though it likely failed as I plugged in the electricity to the on board charger. Probably 'bumped' it too hard.

Back