Different Priorities, I guess!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy Walls

Reaction score
After my tourney Saturday, 3rd! I decided to take a day with a new fishing buddy and go to Lake Michigan, near Portage, Indiana. Pulled up to the ramp and of course there are boats and trailers everywhere. My buddy says that we will have to fight the other bass fishermen today, being it was so nice. Well we launch and take off for the big lake. Get to the channel entrance and not a bass boat fishing any of the rock walls! Must have been a hundred minimum out fishing perch!!!!! I didn't see one perch boat catch anything over the course of the day. Couple boats said they caught very small amounts. Well we proceeded to catch smallies off of the rocks, taking our time with some over 4lbs!!!! Fished for 5 hours and only saw one other boat fishing for bass!!!! I know that Lake Michigan is not as "famous" as Lake Erie/St Clair but give me a break, there are some hogs in there. In fact, in my series one circuit has had several 20+ pound stringers to win.

We saw many more fish (some huge) that did not bite. What an exciting day. Lastly, my buddy had never caught a smallie before and it only took him 15 minutes to get his first in the boat. Now the bad news, he is moving to Wyoming due to his job. His wife finally lets him start fishing and now they have to move! If anyone knows of any bass lakes in wyoming I would be interested so that I could let him know.

Randy!

Glad you had a good time. I'd take any bass over a perch any day of the week unless I was hungry.:p

Sounds like a ball without any added company!! I agree with TC, Perch is a yum yum when fishing for groceries! :D

Latest posts

Back