Diawa Reels

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BJ Laster

Reaction score
Hey does anyone here use Diawa reels? One of my first baitcasters was a Diawa and it worked great up until I decided to take it apart to oil it....i was like 13 yrs old and i never really got it put back together....It was a really good real for the money.

At work we just got in a new Diawa that is AWESOME!!! I am totally in love with it.

Its the new Diawa Viento. It a cool reel. It has a button (the arch on top of the reel in the picture) when you press it it turns the spool a few times. Its called a twitchign button. I think it would be great for flipping a jig or a worm or working a jerbait.

Whats everyone's opinions on Diawa?

Here's a pic of the reel.

picicast06reels8.jpg

I bought a Daiwa Advantage this year, the Pro tuned one. Awsome reel for the money. I like it better than my Curados.

All of my bc reels except for one are 5 and 6 year old Quantum e600ti's. I can't destroy them no matter how hard I fish. The other is a chronarch.

I have always want to give those Daiwa's a try though.

Im like Sully except my Quantums are 10 to 15 years old and you cannot tear them up but 3 years ago I bought one of those BPS Johnny Moris signature reels one of the smothest reels Ive uused but I dont know how well it will hold up

JD

I just bought a Daiwa Sol. Love it. It's very small and fits perfect on a 6'4" Fenwick I had sitting around. It will throw the lightest weights I've tried. I'm very happy with it. Didn't come cheap though.

NoCAL

I have a Dawia TD-X HSD-F. It's quite a reel. I use it on my spinnerbait rod but I'm considering moving it over to my pitching rod. It's been a good reel for me but I still love my Curado SF's too.

Harpo

To paraphrase Mr. BJ.....

My first baitcaster was a Diawa and it worked great up until I decided to take it apart to oil it....i was like 50 yrs old and i never really got it put back together....

I have smallish hands so I really like the feel of the 100-series Curados.

"it worked great up until I decided to take it apart to oil it".......There's a saying BJ....

.......'If it ain't broke, don't fix it!'....LOL...I've done the same thing before to take a squeak out of a reel.........and next thing I know there's springs and leftover parts all around me!

I bought the reel. Its pretty sweet. I've got it spooled up and its ready to go fishing. I've got in on my flippin' stick right now. I figure I can pitch a jig or a plastic bait and hop it with the twitching bar. I really like the concept because it will force me to slow down. I even bought a BPS Pro Qualifier a few weeks ago in a 5.2.1 and i still feel like i fish it too fast. This thing will absolutely force me to slow down.

BJ

My first baitcast reel was a Diawa Millionaire H4 I got about 30 years ago. I replaced a bearing about 10 years ago and I an still using that real.It's still as good as new.It says high speed on it but I don't know what the ratio was. I read a few months ago (I think on this forum} guys saying they really like the Johny Moris BPS reals.I got one when I was in the Gurnee Ill store last spring. Its the Rick Clun one with 8 bearings. It is unbelievably smooth.

I want another one. Can you ever have to many rods and reals?

I bought the reel. Its pretty sweet. I've got it spooled up and its ready to go fishing. I've got in on my flippin' stick right now.

You're just a kid in a candy store aren't ya?

Working at Bass Pro is a dream...

I told someone the other day "its just like working in one giant tackle box."

I'm just like a kid in a candy store. I go through the Isle stocking stuff and think "oh I need to give that a try, or this is new fish probably havent seen something like that."

BJ

When I was 16 I worked at a Baskin-Robbins. I was starting to look like a real porker before I quit that job.

When I was in college I worked at a record shop. The owner would let me sign a ticket and take home whatever I wanted then take it out of my paycheck. Some paydays I would owe him money.

Harpo

I wish they would let us do that! Although, I could see me owing tons of money to the company!!!!!

My paychecks pay for gas and such expenses. I'm trying to save enough money right now to be able to fish all five BFL tournaments next year. Thats about all I will have time for with college and work. I may also try a federation club that a co-worker suggested

In my opinion, Diawa also makes the best spinning reel on the market--- the Certate model. I feel it is superior to the Shimano Sustain and Stella--- both of which I also own.

I havent looked at their spinning reals yet.

Right now I have a Shimano Saraha....AWESOME reel, I'm thinking about getting a Symetre before the 2006 tournament season...(I think thats the one a co-worker was showing me) Anyway, the spool moves a little slower up and down than the saraha and its supposedly to cast smoother because line goes on more evenly.

I REALLY REALLY REALLY like this Diawa, if it stands up good, I'll definatly look into buying another Diawa product once I can save up a little more money.

BJ

The only baitcasters I will ever use.. TDX series, been using them for about 6 or 7 years now.. awesome reels. I did a few years ago buy a Millionare CV model, its a good great reel, just does not fit my hand as well as the TDX model.

Latest posts

Back