Correct Prop?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daniel Bolton

Reaction score
Hey everyone! First post here and I'm a new boater/fisherman and this stuff is addicting! I just bought a 99 NX 882 from my neighbor last week. It's been babied to death and I love this boat. It has the matching 150 Merc on it. He put a 3 blade 19 pitch prop on it because I think he was scared of the speed. Obviously this thing will get out of the hole like a champ which is cool. I like to cruise on the lake around 4000-4500 RPM's but it will only get about 40 MPH with that prop. Top speed seems like it might get to 50 but I haven't even pushed it that hard. Everyone on here says it should run around 60-62 with this setup. If I were going to change props to get some more speed out of it what should I get? I started fishing some tourney's and I'd like to be able to hit all those good spots if you know what I mean instead of it taking forever to get there. Thank you for all your help in advance! Nitro is the way to go!

Going to a 23 will loose you around 800 rpm. Are you sure you want to do that? What rpm are you getting now at WOT? Is it an Optimax? Don't go just changing props like that with that big a difference in pitch without looking at all the variables. You need to able to hit around 5700 rpm at WOT with an Optimax.

Latest posts

Back