Christmas Was a Little Late

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Hammer TOXIC

Reaction score
Well, my old 97 Explorer pulled the boat for a couple of years (to Wisconsin twice and Vermont I might add) and had 180,000 miles on it. It's been a great vehicle for my wife but the last straw was a front transfer case that was trying to go out. We have been vehicle shopping for my wife for the last couple of months. After much trepidation and with my "strong" urging, we picked up a new 2008 Chevy Equinox Sport last night. Anybody who thinks the Americon Iron is "blah" or void of style is wrong. We drove everything from every American automaker and also Honda, Toyota, Subaru, and Nissan. With only 1 child, we figured it was time to get my wife a little something with some pizzzazzz. Let me tell you this is one nice vehicle, one that even I enjoy driving. Jet black, dual exhaust, lowered suspension 17 inch low profile tires, 6 speed automatic with the option to shift manually, all leather, auto start, and an engine that will pin yer azz to the seat plus it will get 24 mpg on the highway:eek:, 7 speaker Pioneer sound system with a sub and amp. All this and plenty of room inside....actually the most legroom of any vehicle we drove, 5 star crash rating, side curtain airbags, vented oversize 4 wheel disk brakes and on and on. Hands down the best vehicle for the $$ (with a little help from Mac:lol: thanks my brother). This vehicle is as solid as they come and most of all it is FUN!!:wub: Chevy got it right with this vehicle, hands down better than anything we drove. The Sport is extremely hard to find cause they are flying off new car show room floors. We now have 3, count em 3, black vehicles!!:p I am a glutton for punishment or what?!! IMHO Black is "the" sharpest color if you are willing to put the time in to keep em clean. I just sent the wife out on a "car care" mission to pick up all of the supplies!!

The only downside is that now I have to get it waxed up in only the way I can do...inside doorframes, under the hood, etc. It'll take me 2 or 3 days to get it ready to drive:lol::lol:

TOXIC

Your going to enjoy the Equinox excellent ride, good value.

enjoy it.

Guess it is catching Scott!

Sue bought a new Malibu last night too! Did not get the LTZ model (out of our price range) but did get the 2LT model!

Promptly broke it in with a trip to Mikes American Bar and Grill in Springfield with Mikesxpress and his wife!

Ride nice!

Guess it is catching Scott! Nice new ride!!!!

Sue bought a new Malibu last night too! Did not get the LTZ model (out of our price range) but did get the 2LT model!

Promptly broke it in with a trip to Mikes American Bar and Grill in Springfield with Mikesxpress and his wife!

Ride nice!

And the pictures are where???? :lol::lol::lol:

Congrats on the new vehicle Tox! I hope you all enjoy it.

All the best,

Glenn

It was more than we...actually "I" wanted to spend but the wife deserved a showroom new vehicle and it really is a total blast to drive. PLUS, I got her into a GM!!! If it holds up the way I think it will, she'll be sold on them.

TOXIC

Congrats on the new ride! Did you get it with a tow package? Whose vehicle is it, REALLY??

thats awesome tox, thats a vehicle my wife and i will have add to the list. I am thinking of trading in my explorer like yours its got a ton of hard miles on it- 296k on the old girl, with no break downs but shes due for a big one. we are looking at the escape hybrid (my choice) corvette(her choice)(already got one) and the saturn skye(her choice) i think i might win this one.

will we ever see the new truck at the ramp?

mike c

Nah, truck is too close to being paid off. You owe it to yourself to take a look at this vehicle but look at the Sport package, it is the Corvette of grocery getters!!:lol: Besides my loyalty to Mac, my mechanic steered me away from ford. Something to do with ford putting little bodies on little frames and chevy putting little bodies on big frames, plus he said the Escape and now the Edge, were a couple of the absolute hardest to work on. Believe me we drove everything american and foriegn in this class and my wife just flipped over this vehicle.

It's almost done, I had to take a break....wax on, wax off has got me pretty beat.:p I am OCD anal with my vehicles and this is the one and only chance you get to get everything protected before the road grime gets everywhere. Clay bar, wax (Meguires Gold Class), Mothers Back to Black, rim polish...etc., I'll get it done sooner than expected. I'm used to doing the Crew Cab truck:huh: Put my kero heater in the garage and it's 70 out there right now (40 air temp outside)!!

Not even a place for a tow bar William, sits too close to the ground. Dang thing actually drags getting in and out of my garage, now I get to do some cememt work also:( I have never had a vehicle with 17's and low profile tires....yikes it sits low but handles like it is on rails. Already schooled the wife....no curb rubbing with this vehicle.....or pot holes!!

TOXIC

Tox , Sounds like a very nice ride. It always come down to the wife and kids and safety first. "Happy wife,happy live " . I use to drive a Ford but know own two GMC .Thanks to Mac. Injoy the wheels.

Mark

Geez,...you guys are FINALLY getting the message,...I am SO proud of you!! LOL...THANK YOU!!!:wub: Congrat's Tox and C3 on your new rides, (and especially to you Tox, for driving ALL of the competitor's stuff too,...now you KNOW I wasn't blowing smoke up your dual exhaust!!).....and thank you Mark and EVERYONE else on this board who's driving a new GM vehicle!! Wait'll you see what's coming NEXT!!!:cool:

Not only Mac, but everyone in the Detroit area thanks you.

Hey Mac, Any word on when the new Camaro is REALLY comming out? Maybe more than just hearsay.

Byron,...it's an '09 so look for it in Sept.'08. It's going to be one badass set o'wheels!!;):blink::cool:

Latest posts

Back