check this out

• Thread starter Kraig Clement [IMG]http://www.zjstech.net/~library
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kraig Clement

Reaction score
Had a day off and went to Lake Fork with my father inlaw.

I caught this hog at about 10 till 6pm I looked up and saw two deer on the bank watching the show...... It doesn't get any better than that!

LOL Kraig
kraigbass2.jpg

Only thing that would make a better picture...my smiling face instead of yours! Course it would have been uglier, way uglier, but it would have been a "better" picture to me!!!

What a Fish, Nice job!!! Them big Mama's always seem to show up in the Winter

Mark

Great fish, Kraig! Wish I would've gone there instead of floundering around Ray Bob all weekend. Was the wind bad?

Thinking about heading out there this weekend...wanna catch some hawgs like that and also need some more crappie for my Daytona 500 fish fry/crawfish boil!

there was almost no wind! It was the best day I have had in a long time.... I caught 6 fish total and only had 2 other boats close to me all day! I may try to get up there Sunday again.... call me if your looking for the spot I was fishing.

cell 214-402-8898

Kraig

Whine!! Cry cryyyyyyyyinggggggg

Nice fish. 50 plus mph winds last night, now back down to zero and dropping.

Kraig, I'd like to thank you for stopping where you did on the unzipping :). Nice fish. Hubbard gave up the second sharelunker of this season yesterday.

Oh, and you Texans are cordially invited to http://www.texasfishinginfo.com

hey Kraig:

Don't be catching all the fish at Fork. I'm heading there on the 4th of April and will be there through the 19th. I am bring my son, Nick and another friend with me. It will be Nick's 2nd trip there and Dick's 1st. I'm hopping the weather and the fishing will both be good during that time.

It sounds like you live close the Fork, maybe I'll see you around there. I am renting a house there off 515 near star mart on rd. 3340. This should be a good trip.

That is a nice fish.

bob

Bob,

Give me a call at the end of March and I will meet you there and show you some good spots. Maybe we can get a couple of the guys from the site one of those days.

sounds like an invitation to me. i've been wanting to try fork this spring. please let me know.

jd

Man I hate Winter....it is about this time every year that I start thinking about moving south.

Excellent fish!

--Corey

Kraig;

sounds good. I think it would be great if some others would happen to show up. You guy's will have to forgive me as I am taking my Skeeter this trip. I don't know if I will have a tracker at that time. Still waiting.

If you want, send me your phone # on my e-mail and I will give you a call.

As I said before, Fork has been good to me. I have 4 Bass over 10# and hope to add to it this year. That's why I keep going back. Now I am trying to get Nick his first over 10#

I can't belive those big ol' bass are crawling all the way from Oklahoma to feed on those little old Texas bass. I'm going to have to come down there and haul 'em home. LOL

Come on James let's go!!!

Harpo

What an AWESOME Photo!!! Not only is the bass the friggin HUGE but the picture is gorgeous. That baby has 8x10 framed and matted hanging in the den written all over it. Is your fishing partner a proffessional photographer or what?

AWESOME!!!

Marke

good point marke, i'd probablly have that one framed too, especially if i caught a bass over 10lbs. last weekend the weather was just awesome in the 70's with a warm south breeze (thats a 20mph wind here). i bet it was really warm at fork in the 80's. i really need to put a camera back in the boat just in case. caught a 7lb 6oz last year (my biggest bass ever) that was a really good lookin fish that i didn't get a pic of. i know i lost one in the trees when my trollin mtr was broke that went over 6 lbs. last saturday (read my post titled Great Weekend) need some pics to preserve the memories. also so soonerfan will believe me! (thats me explanation point not me! as in scott)

jd

bob, no apologies needed for takin a skeeter! skeeters are great boats. i'll send ya an email with my numbers so maybe we can get together closer to the time you are going. I sure wish tracker would get their rear in gear and take care of you on your boat as i don't understand what their delay is all about. it would be a shame for a warranty item to mess up 2 fishin seasons. i think bob g had mentioned on a couple earlier posts that he would be down in tx and would like to fish fork too. i think it was in april also or maybe march. soonerfan and i would definately be interested in gettin together with you and Kraig and Bob and Adam or anyone else interested as long as we don't have to wear a tx orange colored shirt(dallas cowboy shirt is ok) and it is ok to talk OU football and basketball. it would be a lot of fun and a good way to meet some of our fellow ntows members. maybe we could start a fork fishin expedition miny rally get together fishin trip kind of thread and see who all is interested. i don't know my way around fork with all the stumps underwater and would need a guide or at least shown how to find the boating lanes. i hear you can really mess up your boat there if you don't know where the stumps are. i guess that is one reason i like to fish the same lake all the time as it took me forever to learn where i could be up on plane.

jd

That first weekend in April would be a great weekend for us all to meet at Fork. Would probably be a good idea to start reserving rooms now, though, as this is prime-time for the fair-weather spawn fisherman!

Easy on the fair weather spawn fisherman. I've been down there when it was warmer back home in Wis. When you walk out in the morn. and there is ice all over your boat, you know it's cold. Add a 20 to 25 mph N. wind and you debate on going out.

The motel I normally stay at is Lake Fork Marina, 903-765-2764. The owners are very nice people and the place is clean. They have a ramp right at the motel and rest. The food is great.

I am going to be there for two weeks and can show you how to get around the lake. They have marked some of the boat

lanes now so it makes it a little easire.

My phone is 608-784-7749, this is also my business so just leave a msg and I'' get back to you.

All you northern Smallie fishermen, please stop referring to big largemouth bass as 'toads'. You can call them smallies (which are very nice fish to have on your line) anything you want, but this here fish that Kraig is holding is a HAWG! These guys (HAWG's like this), eat Toads.

Tex

The great thing is (and not to take ANYTHING away from Kraig), but that's a pretty normal fish to hang on Fork. Look for even more and bigger fish in the coming weeks.

The big surprise for me has been the two Sharelunkers from Ray Hubbard! If they'd whoop that story up a bit more, maybe the spring traffic on Fork will let up some.

sounds like a date guys! Im sure a couple of the guys in the area will show. Kenny Lively if your reading this let me know if your in for a day.

Also Bob, what part of Wi are youfrom? I am from Stockbridge(chilton)

Adam is correct also... last yaer in one day they caught a 13,15,17, not to many lakes can say they have done that!

Kraig

Tex is right, dem biggins is called "HAWGS" around here. i would feel weird calling a big old fightin monster bass a "toad". its funny how different fish is thought of in different parts of the country.

first weekend in april does sound good. sounds like this is the makins of a spring rally or at least a great fishin trip. (13, 15, and 17 lbs - wow!)

jd

Nice Fish!

Was noticing the tail...

If I hauled in a fish with a tail like that, I'd assume it was in the height of bedding...

Those bass aren't bedding 'already' down there, are they?

Man...this fever sucks!!!

COME ON SPRING!!!

az

were about one month from the fish being on beds... water temp needs to be about 60+

Hey Kraig.

I'm from La Crosse, Wis. It's on the west side of the state on the Mississippi river. I can look out my back door and see the river. There are 3 landings within 1 1/2 blocks of me. Makes it kind of nice. There is some outstanding bass fishing here to, but not ones over 10.

bob

I'll sure try to make this one. My boy and have talked about going to Fork before so I know I'll have a partner. As far as a room goes we're usually fine with a flat dry spot to pitch a tent.

Harpo

Back