champlain 5-6-06

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Kurtzner

Reaction score
Date Fished: 5/6/2006

Water Temperature: 59

Water Clarity: 2-3 feet

2nd week in a row at Champlain. This time I had one of my daughters dad & his brother in law for a day of fishing raffle that I gave away at my daughters school & we all had a good day. Both of them caught there largest bass, they both don't fish much but they both had over 20 fish each, they caught most of there fish on small jerkbaits, crankbaits & spinnerbaits. I had a better day then last week, still the jerkbait produced my biggest fish for the day I had 15 LM over 3 lbs & 4 over 4lbs. I was able to get on to a back water area pattern using a zara puppy & what a good time I had for 1 hour the 3 of us landed around 20 fish, I had 12 of them. These fish were spawning & it was so shallow you could see them chashing fishing away. All you had to do was throw on top of the swirl & you would get slammed, I'm sure not many figured out this pattern but it was a blast. The main difference from last week was there was only 2 SM caught & in general there were more smaller fish caught. Besides the 80 or so bass caught we caught 3 Crappie, 3 perch, 4 pickerel, 1 pike, 3 rock bass & 2 gills. 1 cast I had 2 fish on the same jerkbait, the 2 guys I were with had never seen that before. We fished from 7 to 5 & the action was pretty non-stop at one point around 4:00 just after the front blew threw we were getting doubles & triples so it was just a good day of fishing. I think by next weekend there will be a major spawn going on in the main lake & hopefully we can get some of those 5 & 6 pounders to come out & play.

Mark

Very nice Mark!

Where did you launch out of?

Paul

Latest posts

Back