Buddy Bearings question

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick Burnette

Reaction score
Im a new 1st time boat owner(Tracker 175). My 98 model has buddy bearings installed. Question is, how often should grease be changed? And does the trailer have a single bearing on each side. 55 year old who has never had a boat. Great Site here, I've learned a lot. Thanks, Rick

Matt,

I usually change the grease at the end of the season and repak the bearings, just my personal way of doing things. there are two bearings an inner and outer. Make sure you dont overfill it as it will make a big mess on the inside of the fender and bottom of your boat (been there done that when my nephew "helped" get the boat ready....yea Uncle John I just kept putting grease in till it squirted out the other side....

Matt = Rick when you have worked all week in anticipation of getting your new boat on Saturday

lol

I repack the outter and inner bearings at the end of the summer or when I think winter is here. If you over grease them you will have a big mess like john said. My dealer tells me you dont need to grease them but a couple of times a year. I use my own best guess on this, but always grease them for a long trip.

Latest posts

Back