Boating

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Jaworski

Reaction score
Hey all,

I wanted to post this because Ive never seen anything like it.

Check out this link. Its about a guy who was launched from his bass boat and landed on a fence post. He lived, This picture is not for the squeemish.

http://www.crappie.com/gr8vb3/showthread.php?t=16467

Jaws

I'll bet that made a hellava pop when they popped that cork.:eek:

Harpo

I will tell you that I use Photoshop everyday and this is no "Doctored" image. The amount of time required to create this image would be incredible. Making the guys leg look real, the post coming out where his kidney should be, would be real feat to accomplish. The lighting on the post is identical to the lighting on the patient also. I must admit it made me think twice about how fast I drive my boat.

I'll never forget a magazine article I read about 20 years ago about a guy who was snow skiing in Utah (I think). He lost control and one of his legs caught a small tree. The force (are you sitting down?) split the guy up the middle like a wishbone. Pelvic bone, rectum, hip joints and everything up to the intestines were split wide open. Somehow he lived long enough to get to an ER in a small mountian town. The medical personal were overwhelmed at what to do. I remember the article describing how one ER nurse was squeezing bags of blood into the guy as fast as it ran off the table like a waterfall. I can't remember all of the details but I do remember that the guy lived...not sure if he ever walked or not. They said that he was classified as the worse trauma case ever that lived. I'm not so sure the poor fellow in the picture is much better off.

Harpo

Yeah, this picture has been floating around for years with many stories to go along with it. I was in paramedic school about 12 years ago when I first saw it.

We were in traumatic injuries and the article and photo came from a medical journal. It is a guy in a motorcycle accident. The article had narratives from the medic crew, ER crew and surgeons as well.

It DID NOT happen from a boating accident...but it sure sounds better.

Latest posts

Back