boat question

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary Hoover

Reaction score
I'm looking at a new boat and leaning towards a 2004 NX898. My question is has any one had this model in rough water. I fish the ozarks and it gets a little on the rough side in the summer.

All i know if you act quick enough someone is selling a cert for an 898 at a reduced price.

20ft boat in rough water?? The 898, Its not the best ride but its a good ride.

Cajun,

I've got a NX898, and fish some big lakes, Texoma, T-BEND, Sam Rayburn, Richland Chambers and I am completely pleased w/the ride. Like BMDC said it is a good ride, not as good as the 929 or a big 20-21' champion but it is a good ride in rough water, better than any 18' and most 19'ers. And the fishability is well worth the trade off. KENNY

It's a great ride, but a little unique....I spent an hour on this boat with KVD in Missouri. You really have to drive the boat or it will drive you.

Haven't been in one, but with that hull design, it has to be a rocket on the water... My buddy just ordered one, so I will get to run it this spring!

David

Mine gps' at 71.8 w/a two team tournament load, approx. 30 gls gas, approx. 30 gls livewell water and 2 - 250+ fisherman. The hole shot is beautiful even with this load. But that is one of the design characteristics of this boat, to get up on plane in a hurry. Running a Merc. 225efi w/hydyo steering. Can't run it light, gets into the rev. limiter w/the 25 pitch modified Tempest. Gonna try a 27 pitch and see what it does soon as I find one I can borrow for a weekend can't afford to buy one. KENNY

Latest posts

Back