Best my boat has run in a LONG time - Thanks Bob!

• Thread starter Glenn DesOrmeaux
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TritonGlenn

Reaction score
I've been busy... really busy. Since I "fixed" my boat by replacing the TPS, I had not even had the chance to get out on the water and test it. Well, today was finally the day. I can't believe it's been almost 2 months since I've got a break long enough to take the boat out!

The boat ran fine this morning. No more beeping. The TPS fixed it. By the way Bob... this is my old TPS beside my new TPS:

DSCF1620.jpg

So, I decided to play around with my setup some more to see what I could ring out of it. I did some small adjustments on the hydraulic jackplate (Bobs Machine) - and ended up just a hair above what I normally run. Two people, tournament load, empty livewells, approx 3/8 tank of gas:

Trim was just a hair past level. Barely used positive trim.

Smooth nimble ride on a pretty flat day (for Choke Canyon). Light winds (less than 5 mph), no chop.

70.8 mph GPS at 5750 rpm

27 PSI water pressure! (Highest I've ever seen on this engine)

I just drove and drove and drove..... :cool: Awesome day on the water.

Thanks again Bob!

All the best,

Glenn

Glenn - Glad things are working better but what the devil is a "TPS". Pardon my ignorance but inquiring minds want to know!

"TPS" or "throttle position sensor", is a potentiometer that "tells" the ECM what the throttle shutter position is in order [through an array of other sensors as well], to supply the correct amount of fuel to the engine. ;)

Latest posts

Back