Berkley IronSilk ?

• Thread starter Michael Ludwikowski
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone tried Berkley IronSilk?

I have been a Berkley customer for years, but always stick with XL and XT. I was thinking about respooling all of my baitcasters with IronSilk and was wondering if anyone had any comments.

Also, this may be a dumb question, when would you ever want to go with the Solar Mint color?

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Lud

Don't do ALL of your spools until you've tried it on one or two to see if you even like it.....and you might want to use the hi-vis lines like "Solar Mint" when line watching is critical to detect strikes.....most common when you're flippin'/pitchin' or drop shotting.

I have used it, very nice line, very smooth, low stretch. Only issue I had is the price and that it got brittle real fast, ( in a few weeks ). other than that great line..

Sorry to say I have tryed it in 8# & 10# test & it was the worst line I have used in a long time & I am a big Berkley user.It kept breaking when I set the hook in open water. Maybe its was just me but it is the only line that broke on me all last year. Just MHO

This is Berkley's worse screw up, maybe ever. This line casts like a bullet, that is true. It is sensitive also. Now the downsides. This line is only good for about three weeks after you wet it the first time. As said before, it gets really brittle. Even right out of the box it has the worst knot strength that I have ever seen. A huge waste of money.

Rob, your correct.. now that I think about it, I had problems with knots.. I since have gone back to Big Game low vis green, and Cajun Red..

I was given a free spool by a rep at the takle show last year. I fished with it for awhile and never had a problem but I heard so many of the same tales that are reported here that I got scared and took it off.

Harpo

I have not tried it yet an i Do have a spool thinking it would be good for Senko fishin'.

I am second guessing my thoughts now.

T.S.

I have to say allot folks I know fish with braid and co-polimers.. ( spell check ) but I have never had a problem with Big Game, most of the time I use 10 LB. and if I am gonna being fishing real heavy cover I will bump up to 15 or even 20. The Cajun Red I have been using on my Quantum PTI's has been pretty good to, I do some inshore for Reds and Trout and whatever else is biting in the ICW in JAX including small sharks,, ( 10 LB ) and have yet to loose a fish.. pretty good on the spinning tackle,, although I did have a problem with memory on my baitcasters with the cajun red...

Try some of the NEW Red Cast there Brian..you'll like it!:)

Since nobody on any message board I've ever read has had anything good to say about this line why is it still on the market with full advertising support. It seems like the word is out pretty good by now that this stuff is do-do.

Harpo

Latest posts

Back