bearings

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TROY WAINRIGHT3

Reaction score
Hey guys its time to do some trailer maintenance and im thinking about replaceing all 4 of the hubs bearings since they are 7 years old.Any advice on bearing brands?fulton, timken,shipshape,reese.

Why would you replace them if they have been taken care of every year. Age shouldn't matter with proper maintenance.

Agree with Scott. Pull the wheel and inspect the bearings for scratches or pits and if they are good, just replace the seals. Always keep a spare set of bearings and seals in the boat for road use.

For the EZ Lube system that most TM boats come with...if you keep fresh grease in there every so often (pumping new grease in until you see new grease coming out the end), you shouldn't have any issues.

Another tip..on long trips get out every so often and check the heat on the wheel and don't overtighten your bearings. Just sung then, back off to the first cotter pin hole.

Better loose than too tight and burning up the bearing.;)

Its like extra insurance for me.If it wornt for bad luck i wouldnt have any luck at all.Most of the trips i go on are short and im planning on takeing long trips with the tournaments starting up again.Im replaceing the master cylinder in the coupler,replaceing the bearings,checking the bunks,winch strap.Good advice on the bearings tee .I keep a complete hub assembly in the boat as a spare.Actually it is my slow season and it gets me out of the house.lol.:lol:Ill get the timken brand from napa.Thanks all for the good advice as always.

Latest posts

Back