Bass fishing deep in Erie

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim C

Reaction score
Everyone who did anything impressive at tourneys on the Detroit River/Erie went out into Erie fishing rock piles in about 30FOW. What 's some good tactics and baits? One person I got info off of was casting ledge busters and I read an Everstart guy was just pitching tubes. Any other ideas? I've never fished bass that deep, unless I was just trolling for recreation. And what's the best way to stay on top of a small rock pile out there, especially with wind. A marker?

I like dragging tubes in Erie.

Fishing 30 ft down,the best way for me to feel bites is by dragging them on a tight line. I've felt so many grab it and spit it right back out that the bite would never have been detected any other way.

Colors.. or course Goby colors work nice, but I usually just switch colors any time the bite slows. Brown, white, green have all done well.

I throw out two bouys, one at each end of the pile. Then just use the trolling motor to make a figure eight around them.

8lb Fireline with a 8lb flurocarbon leader is my favorite setup for fishing this way. No stretch for a good hookset in the deep water, and a little stretch at the end for the shock.

I love Erie, only got to make it up twice this year though. It is a great trip, if you have the chance to go, GO!!:D

Steve

ntows.jpg

Latest posts

Back