Back from TN, what happened to my boat?

• Thread starter Rob LaMoy [IMG]http://www.zjstech.net/~library/116
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob LaMoy

Reaction score
Well, just got back at O:dark:30 this morning. 5:30 am from 3 days on the road. Funny thing happened though. On the way down, this boat y'all (too much time in TN) know fallared me.
Kiss%20This.jpg

But somewhere south of Nashville, the good ole TF1800 was magically transformed, and dis hear is waht fallared me home dis time!
R83.jpg

Mike, get over it, no pics with hot women...just boats! Yes folks, I jumped ship. Finally got what I have always really wanted. 1 day before taking off to MI I stumbled across this Ranger R83 on the BFHP and moved FAST to get it. It now is on the back of my truck in the driveway. Some specs fur ya!

1999 Ranger R83 (18'10")

90" beam, 175 EFI with Tempest 3 blade (don't recall size or pitch right now) but has 1 plug removed. GPS's at 68 mph,

Motorguide Brute 12/24, 56 lb TM. Will be for sale soon. I will be getting either a tour Motorguide or a Maxxum 74.

X-87 on the bow, X-28 at the console, will be mounting a handheld GPS with Ram mount soon.

Seastar Hydraulic steering, hot foot, trim on the steering column, 45 gallon gas tank, dual console, disc brakes on trailer with removable tongue. Tons of storage,

Dual Pro 3 bank charger..FOR SALE!!! LOL Have my Guest 2631 coming in to replace it. Make me an offer. This boat is sweeeeeet!

And hole shot, can you say holy....., 2 seconds, maybe 3 boat lengths. With 3 blade and NO jackplate! NO need to tweak anymore. I might add trim extenders per the recommendation of the dealer. Anyhow, I am now, no longer an official Tracker/Nitro owner. I won't be one of those snooty Ranger owners I ran into last year though. Never furget whar ya comed from boy! Just put a bounce buster on it today, will put a hydraulic pedestal under the butt seat soon and a keelguard. That and the Ram mount for the GPS and she's set! Oh yeah, and a flippin deck insert. Buzz will be helping me with that. This boat already has a lot of storage, but I don't want any wasted space and would like a bigger front deck.

Nice boat Rob! I guess you have joined the ranks of the ones that you have despised all these years!!! I thought you were buying Buzz's boat!

I'm interested in the 3 bank Dual Pro.

Bob G.

Bob, I was only buying the 896 if I could sell mine outright. I had to trade it in. Plus I had told Buzz some time ago, that if the remote possibility of me getting a steal on a Ranger happened I would jump on it.....I did. I never despised Ranger owners. I simply noted that last year at the NBS tourney, the Ranger owners at that tourney....at least most of them had a real attitude. I have devoted myself to changing that perception in this area. Boats don't make the angler, they are merely a tool to get you there and back. I like the fit and finish of a Ranger and the fact that they will get me early entry into BFL's and Everstarts next year. Plus I am now eligible for Ranger incentives and the Ranger Cup.

Rob,

Just giving you a hard time, I knew you had to keep your options open cause of your boat. I like that color scheme. I edittd my other post: I'm interested in the 3 bank dual pro. Let me know.

Bob G.

Pay NO attention to the Gomer face in the 2nd pic! LOL

You guys gonna sit around in the driveway all day or are you gonna go fishin'??

Bob G.

Jamey, maybe you missed my post below about pics.... show us some gurls, not a guy in 43 different poses with his boat... sheesh! I make a rule and you guys just go an ignore it...

Hey Rob, congrats!

Real nice looking boat, notice I said boat, and nothing about the humans in the pictures.....hehe

May you get many years of enjoyment out of it, until you come to your senses and go back to Nitro....now you know I'm kidding, right? Anything that puts ya on fish is good to me....Enjoy it Rob!! egMike

Hey ROb, mind me askin how much she went for?

NICE BOAT...exactly what i'm lookin fer...

JEEZEEE!!! They'll let anybody in here. Ranger owners--this neighborhood is going to the dogs. I'm selling before my property values go down. ;>))

Cool boat Rob, I particulary like those colors.

Harpo

rob, did you get a fair value for your old boat? you know why i'm asking, also our club is at marine village cottages june 20,21,and 22. the 20th is a fish day and the other 2 days are our club tourn. there will be 30 of us.oh yeah NICE BOAT!!! stan

Congrats Rob!

New job...new boat. Things are sure looking up for you. You deserve it.

Sue D.

Nice ride... I'm tickled as hell that you got a new boat for me to ride in soon..

Nice boat but who's that HOMLY dude with the chicken legs!! LOL. Way to go Robbie!! Enjoy!! Now just don't put her on the rocks like I did!!

TOXIC

Well that explaines the weather here it's been raining for a week and supposed to rain all this week. Rob must be dancin again it just ain't cold enough to snow... Nice ride you got there Rob hope it treats you well.

BF

Congrats Rob! Great lookin boat. hope she treats ya well. its going to be hard to sleep with that sittin outside wanting to go for a spin on the lake. :)

jd

Nice boat Rob! Too bad it is glass! LOL

Congrats,

Rich D

Welcome to the dark side!!! LOL....Better get some new shades too....it's bright over here!!!....LOL Nice ride Rob,....I bet it'll be fun in the "Miracle Mile"!!...Seeya in June probably!!

Mac

Nice boat Rob! I may just have to make a trip up for some smallie fishin in the Ranger.

Nice job Rob...good looking boat. Is it tin or glass ? Forget the picture of rob we want to see the boat !!

Pierre

Scooby - I don't know what Rob got on his trade, but C&O Marine had Rob's Ranger listed for $17,000 then on May 7th he marked it down to $15,000. I'm sure Rob negotiated a sweet deal after driving 18 hours! See Rob you had to come SOUTH to get a boat!!! LOL

It's NOT Tin, but looks nice anyway!!!

*Correction - It was initialy listed for $19,000 on April 19th, so they dropped it $4,000 in 6 months!! WOW!

Congrats on the new purchase!! Sharp lookin' boat!!

Rob, very nice bass fishing machine! Best of luck with it.

NICE BOAT Rob. Now are you gonna buy some Nitro decals for it?

fatrap

PS Do you already have one of those fancy Ranger jackets?

Look at those pictures, closely... "IT AIN'T OUR ROB"... That hat ain't pink... we all know the "real Rob" would be sporting a new pink Ranger Hat.... We've been sucked in by a "Rob Double"... Like them fake Saddams... Alright boys, get your horses saddled and be back here in one hour we're ridin out to find our Rob...

Greg, I didn't want to wear the old pink hat. I got a new Red Berkley hat for the new boat. Never fear, within a month it too will be pink from sweat and sun bleaching! LOL

Stan, NO, I only got $3500 on trade for it. Took a $10k loss, but I'm still happy. THEN to beat all, I check my e-mail and had someone interested in it and I probably could have come out another $1500 ahead or more. Go figure.

Firescooby, I got it for the 15k they asked, I didn't want to dicker too much as another guy was there for it too, I put a deposit down first though. I had them throw in some "extras" though.

Back