axle change

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Gross

Reaction score
Recently I bought new tires for my trailer at the time the dealer pointed out that the wheels on the axle were toed out and it didn't look right . After talking to the boat dealer he called Tracker and they sent a new heavier axle and said they had some problems with that particular trailer.My Nitro is a 1996 !! THIS IS AMAZING TO ME.These guys are amazing.and thats one reason I'll be a repeat customer to Tracker.

However I have to install it.Has any one ever had to replace theirs. I just want to know if after I jack it up can I get the axle out or do I have to drop one side of each leaf spring?? anyone ..

I would definitely put jackstands on each of the 4 corners of the trailer with the tires raised up off the ground. Remove your tires and wheels, there will be 4 nuts holding the axle to the leaf springs, remove these and you should be in business. On installing there may be a notch where the axle aligns with the leaf spring, otherwise tighten all 8 nuts evenly so the axle does not twist.

Good luck

I'm sitting here wondering "How do you make sure that you've installed the new axle perfectly perpendicular to the centerline of the trailer?"

I came up with a variation on an old NASCAR trick for the answer! Run a string from the tip of the hitch to the center of one end of the new axle. Mark it. Then run it to the other side. If both distances are equal - you're set!

me!

Latest posts

Back