anyone ever installed a recessed trolling motor pedal

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pete mitchell

Reaction score
I want to get the kit to make my trolling motor pedal recessedinto the deck....my only concern is there a cross member under the deck that I may cut through. The boat is a tracked pt 185

I made my own and installed it on my 1993 190 DC but I didn't have to go through any structural pieces. I'm not sure what your deck is made of but mine is 2 thin layers of fiberglass with about an inch or so of a foam type material between them. When the hole was cut I was very amazed at how strong the deck was around the opening. It didn't even flex when I pushed down on the edges.

Hope this helps.

I installed a Pro Control recessed foot pedal tray in my 2002 Pro Team 175. I would discourage anyone from cutting through any structural support. I was able to squeeze mine in. You can remove the small panel at the front of your deck where your trim switch is located to gain access to the under deck area. I took a mirror and looked everything over and I measured about 6 times to make sure it would fit. I have two pictures posted on my memeber library on this site if you care to take a look. It was a tight fit but it worked and I love the difference it has made in my boat. Other than putting a new 75 hp Opti on my boat it is the best upgrade I have made and I have made several over the past 9 years.

Gopreach

I also installed one in my 04 pt 175. Best upgrade for me too. I went with a rounded alluminum one powder coated in black. Snug fit but no trimming of metal was necessary.There are a couple of pics. in my library.

Latest posts

Back