Any Pro Team 175 w/75Hp out there

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Splais Plaisance

Reaction score
If there are any Pro Team 175 owners that have the Mercury 75 Opti I would love to hear your comments - i.e., do you like the combo, was it worth the price, does it perform any better than the 60Hp, motor to heavy for boat, etc, etc. You get the picture. thanks.

I have a 50hp on my pro crappie175 which does very well but if I could have a do over I would buy the 75hp.

I've got a 1998 Pro Team 175 with a 50 on it.

I get 33 mph (GPS) with a cooler, equipment my wife and I in it.

Handles good in rough water, but I'm not crazy about rough water.

Don't know of any with 75's on 'em.

My PT175 has a 40hp. With two trolling motor batteries, the starter battery, and a 55 pound thrust Minnkota kicker troller on the back, it sits pretty heavy in the rear. I guess I could balance it out by relocating the batteries in the forward compartment, but that would take some doing and I don't always have the extra trolling battery and kicker motor on. So from a weight perspective, a 75hp would be pretty hefty in the back.

From a power perspective, I wish I had gone up to the 75hp. The only thing that keeps me regretting that too much is $3.00/gallon gas! Yesterday afternoon, I got up to 28mph on the Potomac River with the 40hp with just me, fishing gear and a little under half a tank of gas. On the way back up river, I hit 26mph going against wind and current.

JC

I have a 2002 PT 175 w/ a 75 Merc and have been very pleased. We fish a large reservoir with both open water and old sloughs and creek channels some full of stumps. The boat can easily get into the tight spots,dont have to worry much in the stump fields, and will easily run in the mid 40's fully loaded w/ two people. Also the ride is smooth even in rough water. The only down side is being aluminum the transom transducer and the stumps don't get along so I am replacing the transducer about once a year.

Latest posts

Back