911 front livewell overfilling while backing

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Snow

Reaction score
Okay, mind you, I don't have an owner's manual, so bare with me.

Is there a setting in the manual switches that will keep the front livewell from filling up with water when backing up? I'm to the point of disconnecting the hose from it and blocking off the inlet on the back of the boat, so I can just use it as an icechest and have it drain into the bilge. Heck, the pump doesn't work anyway. I can hear it spinning, but it's either missing the water-moving part or is reverse-polarized.

LOL its a feature, run a bit with it open, then back up, and wA La, you refill the well with fresh water!

Sounds like your overflow drain for the front livewell is under the offset. Probably not much you can do there other than plug the overflow drain in the livewell. I don't seem to have that problem, but than again i have never checked.

You'd know, BMCD. When backing off the trailer when you're just not quite in the water far enough will give you a soaked carpet. Who needs 3 livewells? I have yet to catch 3 fish :)

I haven't understood the use of the third livewell. It is supposed to be for culling or an ice chest. But if it is used for culling do you put your fish in the third livewell and them measure the other five. b/c that would be illegal in Texas. I dunno... too complicated for me. Haven't used it yet.

maybe it is more of a live bait well?? After all, the trend in bass fishing is torward the use of minnows and shiners....

:)

Nope, not a live bait well. It's square and not fully accessible from opening the lid, so lots of things can hide way back there.

Since it's not round, shad would bunch up in the corners until they die.

I never said I don't fish for stripers and cats :)

yeah, I knew it wasnt a baitwell, but Like others, I can't see when a 3rd livewell would do you any good otherwise...

I still wish I could remove the center portion and make the 2 bin one huge one...

Ever try to fold a musky?? they don't take to that too well.

Mike the drain is below the water line and with out a plug in the drain hole you will fill your front livewell. Just get a plug for the drain and you will be set.

Also that livewell's water level is the same as the lake level. If you want to use it as a cooler you will need to plug the drain at the transom or you will fill your boat with water.

I liked the third livewell when fishing for panfish. It was alot easier to open the lid of that one and leave it open and never leave the front deck. Remember that day we had to pump water out to get more crappie in, Mac?

Mini

Mini

Latest posts

Back