8 months after new Z7 purchase

• Thread starter Tony Crowder [URL]http://www.evergladesbassmasters
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony Crowder

Reaction score
I purchased my Z7 last February, and I love fishing from this boat! I joined the Everglades Bassmasters fishing club in January, and finished tenth in points for my first year of tournament fishing, even though the club's year began in November! I upgraded the electronics to Humminbird 797C2 Sidefinding, which has been a big help locating underwater objects, and twice won Big Fish. Last month I added a Powerpole, which was a huge help while fishing lake Kissimmee in very windy conditions. I could park the boat in 6' of rough water and thoroughly fish the good holes that nobody else could. I also want to thank the members of this board for the excellent tips and jokes! I ordered the boat with the base battery charger, which was a mistake, as I had to upgrade to a better quality charger. The only problems I have had were a bad battery, which I had warrantied exchange, a bad running light mount on the bow, and the circuit breaker in the trolling motor power supply shorted. Tony
http://www.evergladesbassmasters.teach-nology.com.istemp.com/

It's good to hear the positive once in a while. Glad you enjoy your ride. Most of all have fun with it. I still get a thrill everytime I turn the key in my 929.

TOXIC

Great to hear it Tony, enjoy it.

I actually went from a glass Nitro to a TV 18 two years ago. Fished a pretty big tournament in Illinois this weekend and had more than my share of people looking at my boat. Best was when about four guys (Ranger owners) came up and complimented me on my rig. Several tried to make light of it (Aluminum, Tracker etc..) but couldn't. Makes you feel good.

Randy!

will take a pic of boat later today... Powerpole was $2300 installed. Because the Z7 has a curved stern, had to get an adapter plate which mounts between the engine jackplate and transom, cost a couple hundred for that. Also had the remote control installed, which allows easy one button use from anywhere. I was afraid the extra weight would negatively affect performance, but the extra engine setback seems to give a better holeshot, and picked up 50 RPM WOT. I would definitely recommend anybody who fishes shallow water regularly to have the Powerpole installed! Being able to park the boat and make multiple casts while in a wind blown area is a big help. Tony

Forgive my ignorance, but what's a powerpole?

On another note, when I upgrade from my 640, my plan is to buy a Z7. It's good to hear a nice review from a "normal" person.

I bought a 2006 591 in April , which is basically the same as a Z7. I have been really happy with my boat and the 175 Opti does really good on gas compared to the EFI's I have owned. Handles well in rough water, good top end speed, and hole shot is decent and will improve once I add a 6" jackplate this winter. Fishibility is great and my partner is a rather large human being and whatever he is doing on the back deck does not bother me a bit up front. Really happy with my choice in boats and I am glad you feel the same. :) Gilly

Nice review!

I got my z7 back in March and I also could not be happier with it. I ordered mine pretty much loaded up from the factory. I got a jack plate, tilt hyd steering, hot foot and trim, rigging tube, 80# Minnkota Maxxum pro, dual console, trailer brakes, 3 bank guest 10 amp charger, spare kit, cover and the 175 Pro XS Motor. I didnt upgrade the electronics since i had them already. I also had the dealer install my new Trojan batteries for the TM.

I am preally pleased with the performance of the boat. Now that i have had the season to tweak on it a little and really see what it can do. The ride is great in rough water, much better then i expected actually. The holeshot is good and the midrange and top end performance is fantastic with that 175 XS. I am super impressed with the motor, it's just a beast from 3500rpm and up and it carries a load extremely well. I loose almost nothig on top if i add a person or water to the wells or both, it has the balls to just pull right up to max rpm. It also uses a ton less fuel then my old 150 XR6 did.

I have had only a couple of problems with the boat. The first is the well chronicled middle seat that i had to devise a fix for. #2 is my reverse lockout on the brakes stopped working( that will be fixed over the winter). Other then that its been problem free.

I do plan on some upgraded for next spring. First on the list is one of those easy view tackle systems like Soonerfan put in his. The other is i think im going to get one of those led deck light kits from bluewater.com. I fish at night a good bit and having deck lights and compartment lights would be a nice addon. Im also going to have Aurora Canvas make me a new cover since im not really happy with mine.

Kits,

The power pole is a pretty neat deal. Its an anchoring pole that has a motor on it so you can pick it up and put it down from the front of the boat with a switch. It looks really neat if you fish shallow a lot. Check the link below and you can see what it is.

http://www.powerpole.com/

I think they are the best 18 to 19 foot bass boat out there. I think they are head and shoulders abouve Triton's TR 186 and their new Explore. IMO.

Latest posts

Back