2019 Nitro Z18 - Nmea2000

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Serranoo

Reaction score
Hello everyone
I need some guidance on the necessary items that are required to install the NMEA 2K to my lMercury 150 Pro XS. Can someone please provide the list of things I need to make a move? I want all the engine data on my Solix 10 unit on the console.

The first thing you will need is Mercury VesselView installed on the motor. That is about $1000 installed. Then all you need is a NMEA starter kit $100 to set it up. Got an old smartphone or tablet that has Bluetooth? For $300 or less you can get VesselView Mobile and get all that data on a separate screen. Just plug that into the connector on the engine and find some place to attach the dongle where it fits on the engine. It's a tight squeeze in there. The thing to think about with just one MFD is screen real-estate. With depth and chart on it already, do you want to share with engine data? The only problem with mobile is that you need to have a screen that is bright enough for on the water use, MFD's have super bright screens, like 4X brighter than an Ipad. I mount my Ipad under my console on the right side next to my leg. I would rather keep engine monitoring on all the time rather than switch it on and off like I already do with the sound system that is also NMEA controlled.

Latest posts

Back