2012 Targa Seats Tears - Warranty

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boater633

Reaction score
Hello all,

2 of the 4 seats on my 2012 v-18 combo have rips/tears in them from the staples coming out. The staples actually came out on 3 of 4 seats. Luckily I got to the 3rd seat in time and removed them from the one seat they were holding in. Getting anything repaired has been a nightmare. I've had the boat at two dealers already and went directly to tracker and still nothing has been done. It's been months at this point. Since 3 out of the 4 seats have failed in this way I would imagine this is happening to lots of boats. Another big thing is that I got my new boat came with dry rotted break lines. I'm curious how others are making out with there tracker targa's? Love the boat but just wish I could get this little stuff taken care of. At this point I've found tracker and there dealers quite incompetent. Sucks.

Dryrot on a 2012?

That does suck and hope you have better luck than most.:blink:

I have the same boat with none of those problems. Can you post pics? Staples coming out? From where?

I don't know why they even put them there. The netting on the back isn't elastic so it's not like you can stuff anything big in there were you you to hold the bottom in. Thanks in advance for letting me vent.

I better check mine. I never fold mine so maybe that's why I haven't noticed. I sure hope you get satisfaction with a quick fix.

I love this site!!!!!! I read your post and went and checked the seats on my 2012 Targa. I found 2 staples that was loose and poking straight out, just waiting to scratch or cut something.....or some one. They were both on the same seat. I also found that only 2 of my seats have the staples at the bottom of the netting. The 2 loose staples that I pulled were from the black vinal hinge cover. The staples were holding the vinal cover to the plastic mold at the top coner. I wil be contacting BPS next week on this issue.

I have a new '12 Targa Combo. Got it about 2 months ago - no issues at all (knock on wood!).

Latest posts

Back