2004 Nitro

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Getting my 2004 Nitro 185 Sport next Wednesday, June 1st, 2005. Anyone know much about this particular model? I chose this boat because of it's dual capacity. If I want to fish, I can and if I decide to just go have fun in it, I can do that too. Can't wait to get my 15 yo daughter on a towable float, she'll get a kick out of it.:D

Waylon - First WELCOME to the best little website in the WORLD!!

Second, great looking boat and last year they made it and a SWEET deal, there are a bunch of 185 owners current/future, Teri and others will chime in. I know Teri had the 115 and as Pat suggested thats the minimum HP you want.

So tell us about the boat - Color, options, where do you fish???

The 115hp motor is the smallest motor that comes on that boat. Hope you got the 150hp Merc.

I have the 150 XR6 and it comes out of the hole in about 3 seconds and will run 57 to 58mph on the GPS.....even with the "junk prop" (Laser II, 21P) and 5 year old "junk spark plugs" (Champions). The "junk" descriptions are not mine....just someone elses that posts here! LOL!!!

Mounting a depthfinder at the console is a little tricky, but I mounted a Lowrance x71 with an array of RAM mounts. Also using the RAM suction cup mount for my Lowrance iFinder H2O stuck to the windshield with the unit resting on the dash......it hasn't budged since I stuck it there 5 weeks ago. Make sure you clean the glass with an alcohol wipe and wash the suction cup with soap and water.

The rod compartment sucks, so I remove the rear seats and stick in two homemade rod holders. I carry 7 - 9 rods. I got the idea from the grab bag here.

The deck extension is a nice option. Mine didn't come with one, so I made one out of pressure treated plywood and marine carpet. The carpet isn't a match to the factory color, but close enough for me.

Other than all that.....it's a nice boat. Hope ya got the big motor!! LOL!!

Bob G.

Waylon

Super nice boat. In my opinion, it's the best fish and ski made. I had one for 4 years and when the kids get bigger and decide they like boating, I'll trade my Champ in for another. Bob G was right....the deck extension is a nice option. Better than nice if you fish a lot. I remember paying close to $200 bucks for mine but it was worth every penny. I had a 115 elpto on mine and the speedo registered 53-54 mph with a light load and that worked just fine for me. Was wondering though...does a 2004 come with a 24 v trolling motor?

Latest posts

Back